• Chapter 20 • Ohana •

Ohana is gonna be the name of the sequel if I decide to publish it too :)

- 3 years later -

I woke up smiling remembering that yesterday I finally became Kayla Jackson Ortiz.

I looked beside me and saw Juice face up with drool dripping out his mouth as usual. I rolled my eyes and crawled out of bed walking towards the bathroom door.

I turned the shower on and kept checking the temperature with my hand, making sure it wasn't too hot nor too cold.

Once I had got the shower to the perfect heat I undressed and stepped in letting the of water run down my body.

When I had finished washing my hair and body I stepped out and grabbed the towel from the heater. I wrapped it around me and smiled at the warmth.

I did my usual things like brushing my teeth, drying my hair, doing my makeup etc. Before walking through to Jaime's room. "Jaime, time for pre-school" I said and lightly shook her. She finally fluttered her eyelids opened and rubbed her eyes. "Okay, mommy. What's for bweakfast?" Jaime asked and I smiled at the fact she couldn't pronounce her 'r's' and said 'w' instead. "What do you want, muffin?" I asked as Jaime sat up and squinted her eyes trying to adjust to the light. "Ughhh, pancakes" She said as her face lit up. "Pancakes it is then" I smiled at her.

She lifted her arms up, indicating she wanted lifted out of bed. "Here we go" I said as I put Jaime down. "Clothes are on your drawers" I said and left her to get dressed. Jaime's outfit is pictured above.

I made my way to the kitchen and decided I was gonna put some music on. I connected my phone to the speaker and quietly played 'Sound of the Underground' by Girls Aloud.

Jaime came down to the kitchen in time for her pancakes being ready. "What do you want on them" I asked as she sat in her usual seat at the table. "Tella" She smiled widely at me and I chuckled at her attempt to say Nutella.

-

I dropped Jaime off at pre-school and decided to do some grocery shopping.

I pulled up at Target and hopped out, making sure to lock the doors behind me.

I stepped into target and got a shopping cart. I done the usual, picking food up and placing it in the cart and everything.

-

A few hours had passed and some how I found myself in different clothes shops, picking out new outfits for Jaime and me.

"Shit" I exclaimed as I looked at the time. It was 11:30am and Jaime finished pre-school at 12pm.

I paid for the rest of my items and quickly headed to the car.

I played my Eminem album and sang along to it. Shake that came on and I sighed. It reminded me of my dad getting annoyed when I played it and so I skipped the song.

"Hello, babe. How was pre-school today" I asked as I held Jaime's hand, walking to the car. "I met a new friend" She smiled at me as she attempted to skip. "That's good, what's their name?" I asked as I swung her bag back and forth. "Thomas, he doesn't speak a lot" Jaime told me and I laughed. "He's probably just shy" I told Jaime as we got to the car. I unlocked it and helped Jaime with her car seat.

"Do you want a McDonald's?" I asked, smiling at Jaime in the rear view mirror. She smiled and nodded vigorously. "Okay, McDonald's it is" I smiled and reversed out the parking space.

-

"What toy did you get?" I asked Jaime as she opened her Happy Meal box. "A sticka book" She replied and I smiled as she 'sticka'. "Well, eat your food and then you can use it" I said before putting a fry in my mouth.