• Chapter 12 • Weak •

Jax's P.O.V

She doesn't know, and it would break her to find out. Ever since the day she was born I was in love but we all knew that she couldn't know. From the first breathe she took I knew I needed her in my life but there was only one way. No one knows the hurt I go through seeing her everyday and yet she doesn't know the truth. There's very few that do. Only the people most close to me know. You'd think she would have an idea but nope not a single one. I get questioned by people around. They ask me when am I going to tell the truth but in honesty? I have no clue. It would hurt her and it would break my heart knowing she's hurt. This life is better for her. I wish she wasn't where she is now though. She should have chosen a different route to go down but there was nothing I did to stop her. I think about the truth everyday and what would happen if she knew and hopefully one day she will know. I just know that right now is not the right time.

I thought to myself as I tried to drift to sleep. Tara was beside me and she was asleep as soon as she hit the pillow. But me on the other hand? That didn't happen.

I had been trying to sleep for 5 hours and I knew that sleep wasn't happening for me tonight so I decided to get up and watch the TV.

I had been watching TV when it hit 5am and I got a phone call. "Hello?" I spoke with a questionable tone.

"We have your little precious sister, you didn't think Salazar had people on the outside?" A Mexican guy spoke through the phone and I stood up in rage. "If you do anything to Kayla, I will chop your balls off and let you bleed out in a ditch somewhere" I say angrily into my phone.

"We want 2 dozen Ak's by the end of the week, and if not she's dead" The guy spoke again and hung the phone up. All I could do was panic. Nobody would ever want this to happen to someone they loved most.

I threw my cut on, grabbed my keys and headed to the clubhouse. I drove faster than I probably should but all I could think about was Kayla and what I'd do if she died.

Bobby was sorting out Paper work in the clubhouse when I broke the news. Immediately he started phoning the other club members.

I was in a state of panic. If she died before finding out then I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

All the guys showed up within 20 minutes of the phone call and we headed straight to the chapel.

"So what happened?" Clay asked as he sat down. "At 5am I got a phone call, Mexican guy. He told me he had Kayla and that if we don't deliver 2 dozen AK's by the end of the week shes dead. He's one of Salazar's he said" I told them as I sat shaking nervously.

"Well we deliver and then kill them" Chibs spoke up, his voice was clear he was angry. "If they do anything to her I swear to god I will spit their throats" Happy said in a not so happy tone.

Clay hit the gavel down and we sat at the bar, prepaid in hand. "Phone it, now!" Clay demanded and I typed the number in fastly.

As it rung, I sat biting my nails as I was nervous. "Jackson Teller?" The voice came through. "Yeah, we've got the guns. Now we need Kayla" I spoke harshly down the phone and he scoffed. "Already? I don't trust you, Teller. Give it another couple of days" He said and hung up the phone.

I threw the phone at the wall in anger and put my head in my hands, shaking and breathing violently. "What did he say?" Opie asked as he took a puff from his joint. "He doesn't trust me and he needs another couple of days" I spoke and turned around, my back was pressed against the bar table and I sighed.

All I could do was pace. Up and down the clubhouse until Opie came up to me. "Jax, stop worrying. Kayla's strong, just like her dad" He said to me, his hand on my shoulder. "I know but I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to her" I replied and sat down on the sofa, getting a joint out.