🍥Chapter Twelve🍥

Chapter 12. Private Number Idiot.

Rumors are when stories have been passed from person to person but their so-called 'talk' hasn't been proven to be true. Right now I was in the middle of a crisis.

I was walking down the hall towards the lab. I didn't like the way the girls were staring at me. I didn't do anything wrong, at least not today. So why were they staring at me? I hugged my books to my chest and continued my journey, ignoring them.

Once I made it inside the lab, the whispering stopped and the room was filled with a deafening silence. It was as if I had done something really terrible.

Like the-end-of-the-world-terrible.

I placed my lab book down and took my white lab coat that was in a box that had my name written on it. I looked up at the wooden shelf. It held a lot of boxes with different names plastered on it. I put my shoes in my box and placed it back on the shelf.

Once I turned around. Everybody looked away, pretending to be busy. Something was up and I didn't like it. I slid in next to my lab partner, Sabrina.

Even she was trying to avoid eye contact.

"Sab, what's up?" I asked and she looked at me with her big blue eyes.

"Is it true that you lost your virginity to an old man and also is it true that you were forcing Dylan to have sex with you?"

That was the first thing she said. I looked around the lab, they all looked away, again pretending to be busy.

"Who said that?" I asked slightly shivering. "Is it true?" She repeated. "Of- course not. Who told you?" I asked anger coursing through my veins.

"Geez calm down, I was just asking," she said, then she looked towards her friend and whispered, "You can tell she's lying." I curled my fist into a ball. I wanted so badly to hit someone, anyone.

But then I controlled myself.

I stood up and walked out of the lab accepting whatever it was they were talking about. I didn't even bother to take my belongings. I walked towards my dorm room with my lab coat and shoes still on.

I brushed passed Mrs. Calysta, the chemistry teacher ignoring her orders to return to the lab at once.

Once I was in the comfort of my room. I slipped under my blanket, fully clothed and started crying softly. If they had made up something else I would've controlled my tears but they were spreading lies about my virginity. I hated those kinds of jokes.

Tear after tear slipped down my face. I felt so broken at the moment all I wanted to do was hide in a dark corner. I didn't cry often but when I did, I'd cry rivers.

Just then the phone rang. I ignored it and it stopped. Then it started ringing again. I again ignored it until it stopped.

Then again it rang.

I rubbed my tears away and picked Marcy's iPhone to see the callers ID. It was a private number but judging by the persistent ringing I felt like it was an important person. I cleared my throat and started testing my voice making sure my voice didn't sound like a pathetic crybaby.

I answered the phone on the next ring. "Hello?" I answered trying to sound happy. I hoped the person on the other side wouldn't notice my crying voice.

An annoying silence surrounded the room and I was on the edge of hanging up.

"Ironfist are you OK?" He asked and I knew it was John. I quickly ended the call and laid back on the bed. He was the last person I wanted to talk to.