🍥Chapter seventeen🍥

Chapter 17. Dare # 4 Hang loose. Part two.

"-and she promised to give us a tour,"

Get angry or go with the flow. I had to make a decision soon.

An angry pair of brown eyes were directed at me, awaiting my answer. She had her arms folded and her feet was fidgeting.

A gust of wind blew at me, making my bangs sway back and forth, making me have this feeling of wanting to scratch my forehead. I started looking around the bleachers, looking for some sort of inspiration that might be able to pull me out of this mess.

Did I have to say a thing?

You have the right to remain silent, I thought and somehow that thought made me giggle.

My bubbly laughter brought all five pairs of eyes towards me.

Yup, I'm definitely going to be six feet under once Lindsey gets her hands on me.

"Natalima!" A voice called from behind me. I turned and saw a tall girl with dark hair approaching us. She's in my econ class but we hardly speak to each other. Once she reached me she gave me a warm smile. "I've been looking for you everywhere," Kita said casually. She was oblivious to the fact that she was interrupting an intense moment.

She then tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled to the rest of the people that were present. "Sorry guys. I need to borrow Natalima for a while," she said, then she wrapped both her hands around my arm and started leading me to the courtyard.

I glanced back and saw Lindsey grabbing a hold of John's arm and leading him somewhere else.

Get angry or go with the flow. The same thought went rushing through my head, but this time I was able to make a decision. I chose latter.

Should I be thankful?

Yes.

Half of the courtyard was filled with more than a thousand people. It was crowded as hell. It was also so noisy that it was hard for me to even hear my own thoughts.

The other half - where we assembled earlier - was empty and it would be used as a campsite for the brave hearts.

Kita pushed me into a bright pink booth and held the door.

"Kita, what am I doing here?"

"I need you to do a big favor for me. You're the best person for this job because... um... because I believe you can do it," and in one swift move she shut the door close.

I clasped my hand onto the handle and tried twisting it. It was locked.

I started slamming my hand against the pink plastic door. "Kita, let me out," I yelled.

"Nat just cover my shift, I'm going to be with Dave for a while. Don't worry, I'll be back," she said her voice trailing off as she got further away from the booth.

Shift?

The booth was so small if I were claustrophobic I'd be choking for air right now.

I walked towards the opening, thinking that there was another way out.

I was wrong. What stopped me was a counter with different varieties of lipstick and lipgloss and beyond that counter was a line of guys.

Their faces brightened as they saw me. I was surrounded by the bright pink wall that was up to my bust, blocking me from escaping. I picked up the piece of paper in front of me and I felt the color drain from my face.