🍥Chapter Twenty-Five🍥

{a/n: Hey y'all sorry for the late late update. Enjoy.}

Chapter 25. Angry at the rain.
Natalima's POV

How can someone exasperating be on your mind all the time? Is it normal? Is this a good sign?

I looked into his stormy eyes as he hovered over me. He put both his elbows on my sides, locking me. The perilous glow in eyes made me shiver slightly under him.

My laughter painted the atmosphere, trying to cover up the reluctant beating of my heart. Droplets of water was dripping from his hair and onto my face.

He leaned in.

Closer and closer he got.

You didn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to know that he was going to making a move on me.

Was I ready?

Him, leaning in, was painfully excruciating as mass of idiotic decisions swarmed in my head. I shut my eyes tight.

I was lying on the grass like a star fish. Both my legs and hands were spread open. I brought my hands to my side and stayed in that position. My hair felt stiff and heavy due to the moist and muddy surface I was lying on.

I felt the tip of his nose slightly touch mine. His breathe, his warm breathe, tickling the skin between my nose and upper lip.

Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop.

I felt droplets of water shoot onto the grass just beside my ears. The continuous mizzle got my eyes flying open.

It was raining.

I looked into his eyes that were just an inch away from mines. My heart skipped two beats and I tried my best not to breath. All the hair on my skin stood on ends as I tried to swallow the lump inside my throat.

Slowly, more drops of water started slipping from his hair and onto my skin. In less than a second it was pouring rain. All the while we remained frozen.

After what seemed like eternity he let out a sigh of frustration, warming my face. He then brought his lips to my forehead and planted a soft kiss.

Wait. What? I asked myself as he got up and pulled me by the arm so that I sat upright. "Let's go," He said in a elated tone and he stood up, taking me by the arm and pulling me towards the end of the hill.

"John, where are we going?" I screamed as we ran. "Just see," He replied, not stopping. We ran as fast as we could. While we ran his grip on my hand didn't loosen.

Unexpectedly we came to an abrupt pause, making us slide all the way to the edge. I almost went into a panic attack as we slid off the edge of the hill.

.

.

.

My body was met with sensational waves of cool air as my consciousness started to awaken from the long sleep it had last night. It wasn't necessarily a long sleep and I knew this but it felt long.

I fluttered my eyes open and the first thing that came into view was the trophy of bravery on top of my drawers. I put my arm on my side and pushed myself up so that I was sitting up-right.

"Good morning!" I lazily shouted to myself as I stretched my arms wide open. I twisted my upper body and it produced statisfying cracking sounds.

"Shut up!" Marcy said as she tossed and turned in her bed. I ignored whatever she said and bounced off the bed, grabbing the trophy. Just touching the trophy gave me a sense of satisfaction and I knew I wasn't dreaming. I placed it back on top of the drawer carefully and wiped the tip.