🍥Chapter nineteen🍥

Chapter 19. Balloons and Balls.

The following day I woke up with a backache; like a sharp object was piercing through my back. It wasn't from the dancing. Mrs. Walker made us do the toilet duties last night after our uncensored performance.

I wouldn't call it uncensored but that's what Mrs. Walker kept saying.

Uncensored uncensored uncensored, she'd say as she'd walked up and down her office, a scowl decorating her face.

Let me inform you that cleaning toilets in a school that have more than 1.5 thousand girls is no easy task.

We couldn't even run away from this punishment because, one, we practically live here which gives her easy access to our dorm rooms and, two, we were being supervised by Ms. Larks.

The bedroom was dark but you could tell there was a lot of sunshine outside just wanting to seep in. It was dark inside because Marcy taped pages of blank papers to the broken window and pinned the curtains together to disallow the cold winds from coming in.

I unpinned the curtains and saw that the school looked empty, like a ghost town.

Marcy sat up lazily on her bed and looked at her watch.

"Oh, shit. Combined branch. We are freaking late Lima," she shouted looking at her watch. Her voice was hoarse from the just waking up effect.

She then rushed towards the bathroom and in less than five minutes she was starting to wear her uniform. She then looked at me and rolled her eyes. 

"Well. Hurry! We're already late," she said gesturing he hand to the bathroom.

"Nope," I said popping the p. "I'm staying in. Bring me food though" I said jumping back to bed.

Fifteen minutes later we were seating in the cafeteria fully dressed and well groomed. Apparently, Marcy refused to bring me food and she also pulled my blanket and threw it into the bathroom, soaking it.

She was so hell-bent on making me get out of bed, it was starting to scare me.

The cafeteria was not big enough to cater for the whole two schools so there was going to be two eating sessions. The first session was for the sub-juniors and the juniors for both schools and the second session was for the inter juniors and the seniors and since we woke up at freaking eleven we missed the first session.

Seating at our table was Carter his friend, Brian, Amber, and her friend Mel and the latecomers, Marcy and I.

All this time Carter had an angry expression on his face and I wondered why.

"Explain the performance you did yesterday," he started, making me choke on my tea.

I was not prepared for that question, especially from Carter who was on protective brother mode.

I knew I should've stayed back in the dorm.

"She came up with it," Marcy and I said in unison pointing at each other. When we saw each others accusing finger we started swatting each other.

"Mars and Psycho. If you two do such things again in front of the Brave Hearts High School, I'll make sure to shave off your hair when I get the chance," he said sternly making us stop what we were doing and frown.

We both knew that he had the ability to do that. One time when were ten he cut our hair to the shoulders because we stole and broke his bike and no matter how many tears fell from our eyes and how many growlings he got from our parents, our long hair did not magically grow back overnight.