• foreword •

" i w a n t t o l o v e y o u i n a w o r l d
w h e r e w e d o n ' t h a v e t o
p r e t e n d . "

_______________

Though the author makes use of the names of several real life characters, this book is completely fictional.

The scenes, words, and actions that have been said or done by the members of BTS
(방탄소년단) in this book are completely fictional and should not be interpreted as true events.

Other than Jungkook, Taehyung, and the other members that may appear in this book, the names of the characters in this book are of the author's own creation and imagination. If any of the original characters, scenes, names, events, or places that take place in this book resemble that of real life, it is purely coincidental.

_______________

• dedication •

this book is dedicated to a true friend;
somebody i love with my whole heart and has inspired, supported, and joined the journey of writing this book with me, even when it was collecting dust in my draft folders and merely ceased to exist.

dearyuqi, thank you for giving my hope form.
i love you so much!

and here's to the young-blooded, friend-zoned,
broken-hearted, fed-up living creatures—

you'll find your love soon.

and you won't have to pretend, either.

_______________

• disclaimer •

This book contains themes which can be sensitive, triggering, or unsuitable for some readers. It may include subtle references or topics involving:

• Mental Illness •
• Alcoholism •
• Toxic Relationships •
• Death •

If you find these to be triggering, please do
read at your own risk.

• additional note •

I, the author, do not intend to romanticize, sugarcoat, or make fun of mental illnesses/disorders in this book, nor do I want to make mental health seem like a smaller topic or issue. I am aware that mental disorders are serious sicknesses, and I don't want to be insensitive with mentioning such in this book or in any of my other works. My purpose is just to show how some people may experience these even though symptoms may not be physically evident, and how it's important for us to be observant, accepting, and supportive so that we may be of help and accountability for people who might be experiencing this.

I am not, at least yet, fully educated about psychology and mental health, and I sincerely apologize if I write or imply misinformation and self-diagnosis in my work and please do tell me if I make mistakes in my writing that may be offensive to others, and I am sorry in advanced, but I also do intend for my works to be lighthearted and I hope we keep in mind that this is a work of fiction. Thank you and I hope you enjoy.

_______________

e i d o l o n

Copyright © 2018-2020 by nepenthejoon,
All Rights Reserved.