• five •

"taehyung! hey!"

yesul waved at the boy in the bench, skipping cheerfully towards him.

"someone's happy," the taller joked, standing up to face the brightly smiling girl, "what's up?"

"i-i," yesul kept the red-stained papers behind her, shoving them recklessly into her backpack, and with twinkling eyes, she spoke, "i-it was, it was a good day."

"how, particularly?" he asked, and as the two continued to walk forward, yesul gushed, spirit still incredibly bright and lifted.

"w-well, it wasn't great at first," she fiddled with her fingers, "i got a zero. again. for the fourth time in math." her voice quietened, and she had lifted her head, expecting a tired and disappointed look on her friend's face,

yet he looked back at her with kind eyes. ones that told yesul he was indeed listening, and she loved that, among all other things, about her friend.

he really was the only one who understood.

"mhm," he hummed, "then?"

she stopped to smile, and continued, "mr. park invited me to a, poetry club, and he said they can be my study group." she grinned shyly, burying her cheek in her shoulder.

"i'll meet people, who'll help my marks, w-who write," she looked up at the skies, heart warming at the thought of the group, "l-like,"

"like me." her eyes shone, and the rays of the setting sun almost shied away at the light of her own.

there were people like her. 

could you imagine? she could almost feel her heart jump in excitement.

it would be so wonderful.

"that's pretty cool," taehyung kicked a dead leaf on the pavement, "so, like, poems, and other poetry stuff?" the boy asked, and yesul giggled quietly and nodded, "yeah. like that. but there's so much more to it."

"like what?" and to that, yesul was eager to reply, "it's so much more than just, words. it's feelings. those 'stupid' feelings everyone thinks is dumb." she looked down at her feet, "feelings are beautiful things, and i don't know why anyone would think art is dumb just because they can't understand them,"

yesul looked up, and taehyung looked even more dumbfounded than before, so she laughed loudly, staring at his oblivious, now confused face. "you should try it. just, write down what you feel like writing. here, try it," but before she could fully take out the piece of paper from her bag, he shook his head.

"it's probably not my thing." he chuckled, staring blankly ahead, "it's yours. keep writing though." he smiled, and she shrugged and put the paper back in.

after a few seconds of silence, taehyung clucked his tongue and faced the girl, "ready for tomorrow?" he cradled his chin on his palms, smile radiant.

"what's tomorrow?" yesul asked curiously, and the boy dropped his grin instantly. "we're gonna explore, remember? didn't you want to go to that field with those yellow flowers?" he frowned.

"oh," yesul blinked,

"we have the first meeting tomorrow though," she frowned.

"already?" he asked quietly, and the smaller nodded slowly.

he pouted.

"can't you like, skip it like you did with that piano lesson?" he pleaded.

"taehyung, i can't just skip this, i really need to pass." she explained.

"you're really gonna skip out on an adventure with your best friend like that?" he crossed his arms, and she giggled at the sulking boy.

"sorry, tae." she softly said, and he sighed. "i'll try next time."

"have fun, i guess." he said, stopping in his tracks as he stood in front of the familiar lawn of yesul's house, the amber remnants of the sun shining on his cheek.

yesul looked back as she had reached the porch, smiling softly at the boy.

he breathed out. "see you when i see you, then."

she nodded. "don't hate me, okay?"

he chuckled, shaking his head. "could never." he mouthed, emphasizing his vowels a little too much.

she giggled and waved one last goodbye before opening the door, a rose colored tinge painting her face.

she had a tiny secret. no big deal, though.

eidolon | kim taehyungजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें