• twelve •

"what are you doing here?"

yesul made it outside the exit gate and saw the boy, who merely looked at her blankly.

"oh, i just saw you here." he replied.

yesul couldn't speak in shock, but she laughed lightly after a few moments. "gosh, taehyung." she shook her head. "you really are wondrous, aren't you?" she grinned fondly.

taehyung looked at her blankly for one more moment before busting out in giggles, "of course i am."

"yah," yesul instantly changed her tone, scowling jokingly at him and crossing her arms, "where were you yesterday?" she asked, "i was waiting for you," she mumbled incoherently.

"no, i was waiting for you, fool." taehyung replied. yesul, with little surprise as to how he understood, dropped her scowl at once, "you were?" she frowned.

"yes, yesul, i was." he reiterated.

"how was i supposed to know—i thought you'd just climb my window and knock again," she reasoned.

"whatever," taehyung pouted, "yesterday was boring without you. let's go really explore, or however you say it." he pumped his fists.

"w-wait, but," she turned her head back at the gate of the school, "i-i think i need to go back. the school day isn't finished anyway."

tarhyung groaned and sulked, stomping his feet. "do you really need to go back?" to which yesul hesitated, "i mean, there are no classes.."

"which means you don't need to go back. come on, aren't you bored enough in there? were you gonna write all day again like you do each family day?" taehyung raised his brow.

she did have probably nothing else but that to do the rest of the day.

"y-yeah, that was kinda my plan," she crossed her arms, to which taehyung rolled his eyes and put his hands on his hips, mumbling a dramatic "boring,"

"fine," yesul gave in, "but where we're going better be worth it."

"not even a doubt." taehyung smirked.

yesul smiled.

she had no doubt either.

_______________

"how much—" yesul's sentence was abruptly stopped by a dried leaf finding its way in her mouth, "bleh, further?" she trudged the rather muddy forest path behind taehyung, who just knew exactly where to go.

"close, i swear." he said, not even having to sway some vines that were in the way.

"are you sure we're not just completely lost?" yesul asked, crouching with a great deal of effort for her hair to not get caught in branches.

yesul was 50/50 between them being completely lost or her being completely paranoid. yesul knew how much of an adventurer her best friend was—but it was almost like a new thing each time, always taking her aback.

taehyung stopped in his tracks suddenly.

"what? what? why? are we lost?" yesul asked, "why did you stop? gosh, i knew we were lost."