• ten •

yesul clutched at the straps of her backpack.

she sighed, watching her breath transform into a white cloud of smoke instantly in the air.

it was a cold winter morning, and yesul had just passed the gates of her highschool. the early sun spilled upon the wide courtyard of the school and she had decided to stop in her tracks for a while.

yesterday lingered in her mind, so the simple beauties like the sun illuminating the concrete in front of her was something worthy to see. taehyung had really embedded it for her; that wonder was almost everywhere—if you'd take the time to look.

devoid of attention anywhere else, a firm tap on the shoulder was enough to startle her, "yesul!" a bright voice pulled her out of her daze. "good morning!"

yesul had jumped a little, turning to her side. "oh! it's you, jungkook." to which the boy nodded.

"y-you scared me."she mumbled.

"oh, d-did i?" he asked, "i'm, really sorry." he scratched his nape. "no, no! it's okay, i'm sorry, i was zoned out."

"oh, okay!" jungkook's grin returned to his lips.

"y-your first class is psychology today, right?"

"yeah, how..." she gripped her backpack straps and tilted her head, "..did you know,"

"i-i, uhm, i'd just noticed. i go to the same class, b-by the way," he chuckled shyly, "th-that's why. i haven't been—y'know, uhm,"

"oh," yesul simply nodded.

"shall we...w-walk to class, together, if that's okay?" jungkook fumbled.

a small smile grew on yesul's face, "i'd like that." and jungkook's grin grew a little more, "okay, let's get going then!"

yesul's became wider, too.

this was the first morning she'd ever walked with someone on campus.

morning after morning of watching other students walk giddily towards the school, sharing even the littlest of worries like a dreaded exam or recitation to their friend—and for them to understand, to share the same feeling—it made yesul feel a bit envious, but, it wasn't that hard walking alone.

she had taehyung anyways,

but to have another person beside her felt, odd.

odd but good.

it was good not to walk alone.

the two started walking together toward the inside of the building.

yesul walked quietly, unsure of what to say.

she didn't want to ruin it, thinking if she had said another word, he'd be thrown off by her. why would he even be walking with her when he probably could have been hanging out with people who weren't so..her.

"we have a surprise pop quiz today, have you heard?" jungkook said out of the blue, frowning, "man, i hate mr. jun's pop quizzes. he likes recitals and on the spot essays, that's so evil. right?" he laughed, looking at her.

then she felt her heart do a little flip. she had always kind of thought that. she just had nobody to really tell it to.

"y-yeah!" she responded, getting more enthusiastic. "you're right, i-it sucks."

"right?" he groaned playfully, then held his hand up in the air "high-five!"

"r-really?"