• eleven •

yesul leaned against the wall of the auditorium.

she had her arms wrapped around her bag, looking at her feet while glancing at the people flooding in once in a while.

after watching the mothers and fathers and children stroll past the gates of the campus, she breathed out and decided to take a seat on the bench by the bushes.

that day came again.

family day.

the school held its program for it every year, calling all students to invite their parents and siblings to the school and enjoy the activities as a family.

every year was like that. every family bonded together and ate together and competed together, and yesul knew her exact spot for it each time.

she was used to watching them from afar. she knew how to kill her time the whole day without classes. she'd dreaded school days with classes already, so, this particular one allowed her to do what she wanted on campus.

she smiled gently, opening the zip of her bag and pulling out her pen and pad of paper.

nothing was better. she could write and the cheers of the families served as the right ambient sound,

but as she pointed the tip of her pen to the blank page, she found herself thinking.

no, longing.

something just didn't feel right.

_______________

"are you kidding? there was nothing wrong!" jungkook complained, joining yesul as they walked out of the classroom.

yesul wrapped her arm around her books, "he was right though, i should have waited for my turn."

"but still!" he protested, "i know we're class A and everything, but i'm sure this pop quiz was hard for everybody. you defined one of the hardest terms—like, o-out of nowhere! what?!" he whisper-shouted in awe.

"i-i just remembered it, suddenly," she looked down, "it's just a term you can remember, but you, you can solve equations and a-actually answer. i definitely can't do that." she sighed.

"i-it really isn't as difficult as it looks, b-but, if you need any help, th-then—" he turned his head before he could finish his sentence.

"jungkook, are we going?" a voice behind him had asked.

"oh, mija, y-yeah, i'm sorry."

yesul looked past jungkook, "mija? h-hi." she waved shyly. the p.r.o. of the poetry club looked beautiful as she'd first seen her—her hair was now let down, showcasing her pretty, hazel hair.

"oh!" mija pointed at her, "hello. yesul, right?" she smiled lightly, to which yesul nodded.

"yah," mija reverted back to jungkook, "let's go." yesul laughed lightly at their closeness, reminding her of her own best friend.

jungkook chuckled and nodded, "gotta go, yesul. i'll see you tomorrow!"

yesul waved farewell as the two walked the opposite way. she turned the hallway's corner and saw her adviser walk out of the faculty room.

"mr. park!" she grinned, bowing to say hello. the teacher was pleasantly surprised and gave her a smile right back. "i heard your performance from mr. jun today."