Chapter 5

⛈  

Discuss the play better

It was so hard not to scoff. We all knew what she meant. If I couldn't read the play then I would have to listen to the play.

Eventually class started and they've been reading ever since, discussing their take on what they thought Shakespeare meant.

Now sitting in my last period of the day I can't wait for my third week here to end so I have the weekend free to myself.

Finally the bell rings and the screeching of bumped desks and thuds of rushed feet fill the air. After a few minutes of waiting for one of my parents to come collect me my phone suddenly rings my mothers designated ringtone.

Picking it up I silently wait for her to talk. "Alex honey, it seems there was some miscommunication between your father and I on who will pick you up today. I have some important meetings today I can't miss and your father is 2 hours away on a hunting trip with clients. I'm so sorry, but it's gunna be awhile before one of us can get you."

"Fine" Irritated I have to sit here for who knows how long I hang up and slump back in my chair trying to get comfortable.

The sounds of footsteps trickles down in the halls till only a few remain left. One set forges its path past the open door of the classroom before it suddenly stops. A few seconds later they start up again, slow and getting slightly louder like they are coming back this way. This time when they stop I know they are in the doorway. I can feel their stare, her stare.

"What sugar cookie"

"How'd you know it was me? And why do you keep calling me sugar cookie?" sounding irked by the nickname I've given her, a small smirk makes its way to my face.

"I always know when you're looking at me."

"Right, you feel it. That still doesn't answer my second question." I can just imagine her hands on her hips, an adorable pout on her lips from her frustration.

"I'm not leaving till you tell me"

Sighing I cave in knowing she would stick to her word and i can not survive the wait for a ride if she stays. "You smell like sugar cookies, now go."

Unfortunately she seems to have learned to ignore my cold commands since she's become my guide and asks another question.

"Why are you still here? The bell rang 10 minutes ago."

"...I'm waiting on my ride"

Footsteps approach my desk before a slight creak sounds as she sits on it. "How long is that gunna take?"

"To long" i find myself muttering.

"I can give you a ride if you need. My car's in the parking lot. It would be no problem at all."

Contemplating my options I figure one car ride with her would be better than sitting here for an unknown period of time. At least this way I get home quicker.