Chapter 33

"I want us to go on a date."

Body lurching forward I realize it may not have been the best time to ask while she was driving us home from school.

Carefully reclining back into the seat the tug of the seatbelt releases from my chest as we continue forward. One more turn and we will be on our street.

"What did you have in mind?" she questioned. Feeling foolish for not thinking that far ahead I just shrug my shoulders. "I mean there's not much to do on a Tuesday but I'm sure we could find something."

"We could go for a walk in the park if there is one nearby." Realizing I haven't enjoyed nature like I used before the accident makes me excited to go. "The weather has been nice lately and we deserve it after having our souls sucked out of us for seven hours straight."

Pulling into her driveway a short chuckle escapes her. "I can make us a picnic basket and we can go to the trails. There is a nice open area about halfway through."

Smiling I lean over the console to place a kiss on, where I think is, her cheek. "Sounds great."

...

The sun beats down on our sweaty skin as we find shelter from it's blistering heat under a cluster of trees. Despite the intense heat, the walk here was enjoyable. Listening to mother nature's symphony sing its unique song as birds crow for another's company, the cool breeze gliding through the air, rustling leaves as the branches sway under it's force.

"Hold this for a second" a wicker basket is thrust upon my hands before I knew it. Fabric flapping and footsteps ensue as the blanket we brought along from my house gets laid down.

A gentle grasp pulls me down till my hands meet the ground. Turning I sprawl out backwards sighing as my back levels out across the muted grass.

"I needed this" I murmur to myself

Reaching out towards the crincle of plastic wrap a graze of cotton softly caresses my finger tips. Scooching closer my hand slides up her hip, her resounding giggle floats through the air like music to my ears.

"Turkey or ham?" Sliding closer to me, her body lays with mine across the ground.

"Hmm" mock thinking I prolong the moment, knowing which one she wants "I think I'll go with.........turkey"

The most adorable groan makes me laugh, and I mean full belly laugh. My legs are trying to curl up I'm laughing so hard.

"You Jerk!" Throwing fake punches at me her voice betrays her anger with laughter "You knew I wanted turkey!"

A wicked smile lights my face as I grab her arms and promptly roll us over "I'll let you have the turkey if..."

Huffing out a breath indignantly her body flops in it's restrained position "If what?"

My smile grows even wider, nobody gets between my sugar cookie and her turkey sandwiches or there will be hell to pay "If you don't laugh"

Her confusion is palpable through the air. Just as she is about to ask my hands swiftly connect her wrists under one hold while my knees pin her legs together. My free hand makes quick work digging into her sides, her reaction instantaneous.

"Alex! Al-hahaHA-exXX! AAAHH Stop, stop I concede. I concede! Ha haHA HA" Thrashing and wiggling under my skillful torment, bouts of laughter pour from her, breathless yet full of life.

"You concede?" Eyebrow raised my hand hovers in the air, fingers wiggling in mock threat. "The Bella I know is very serious about her lunch meats. Who are you and what have you done to my girlfriend?" Squeals sound as I go back to tickling her, never staying in one spot to long.

"It's me! It's me I swear." Her word get cut up through her laughter "We'll, We'll share it"

"Share I can do." Still holding her arms above her head I lean in to place a kiss to her forehead before rolling off. "Uh-oh"

"What uh-oh?"

Slightly fearing for my life I whisper out the traitorous words I have no choice to say. "I squished the sandwiches."