Chapter 25

Freshly showered I change into some pj bottoms and a fresh t-shirt and wait for night to come. Since there weren't any classes today I have no homework to do, my room is always organised so I have nothing to clean and I've already eaten.

Slumping on my bed I decide to think about the change between Bella and me.

This will be my first relationship since middle school. Damn it's been four to five years now, I don't even remember who my old girlfriend was. To be honest I didn't really care for her, we weren't compatible. I guess that's why I don't remember her. She wasn't anything to pine over.

But now there's Bella. My Sugar Cookie. The Beauty to my Beast.

She knows what I like be it food, music or just holding me till I calm down from a nightmare. There's no unwanted sympathy oozing from her. It's just natural between us. Like we are tuned into one another.

I must have been musing for a while cause a tap against the glass snaps me from my thoughts.

Quick to my feet I open the window for her, holding my hand through to help her up only to have a bag given to me. Confused I look down at it as if I could actually see it giving me an explanation.

A few seconds later I hear the window slide shut and the weight in my hands disappears.

"How did you get in so quickly?" I'm sure coming through a window from the outside is a little high. It only took her a couple seconds making it seem easy.

"I brought a stool." There's a smile in her voice. "After a few midnight calls ya learn to come prepared."

I know I should feel bad for the times I woke her up but I'm to busy trying to not laugh.

"I'm gunna change real quick then I'll be ready for bed." Even though I can't see her I feel like I should give her some privacy and remember I still need to brush my teeth.

Walking back out I sense her passing me to use the bathroom as I head for my bed. Laying down I am conscious to make sure there is room for her to sleep.

"You look so stiff" With a light chuckle Bella makes her way to the other side of the bed climbing in and getting comfy.

"Sorry, I'm making this awkward aren't I?"

Almost hesitantly, I feel her grab my hand while snuggling closer to me. "So let's make it not awkward. Tell me something about yourself that I don't know"

"Only if you do too" Realizing I honestly don't know much about my girlfriend makes me feel bad. Granted I tried ignoring her for a couple months.

"Deal" Leaning in she quickly kisses me before settling back on her side.

Feeling more relaxed I decide to go first "I miss having color in my wardrobe"

"Why don't you?"

Turning my head to the side I raise an eyebrow at her with a slight smirk "Rather not make the mistake of wearing something that looks like a rainbow threw up."

"If you want I can help you pick out what to wear. Just tell me the colors you want and I can make you an outfit that will look good."

Smiling I nod my acceptance "That sounds nice. Ok now you, tell me something I would know if I looked at you and could see."

"Hmm, let's see...I have light brown hair-"

"How long is it?" I interrupt

"Maybe around shoulder length I guess" Taking my free hand I carefully lift it towards her face. Finding her hairline I slowly run my fingers through it till the strands fall.

"Farther than you shoulders but not quite mid back" Moving in closer I rake my fingers through again and again at a relaxed pace as we continue to talk. "And your eyes, what color are they?"

"Hazel"

"Isn't that just a fancy way of saying brown?"

"Well it does have some brown aspects but there is a green tint to it in certain lighting. Though it's nothing like the green of your eyes. Yours are so beautiful to look at." A blush coats my cheeks at the sound of awe and wonder in her voice.

"I'm sure yours are pretty too." determined to get back on track I ask her another question and that's how we spend most of the night, learning more about each other while slowly moving in closer till I have one arm wrapped around her as the other supports her head like a pillow.

Hours later I find that we fell asleep at some point in our whispered discussion and my arm is really numb. Trying to sneak it out to get feeling back in it must have woken Bella up if the full body stretch and giant yawn is anything to go by.

"Shit! It's noon, we're late for school!" Furiously trying to kick the covers off she only gets more entangled.

"Hey hey" Holding my hands up I try to find a place to grab ahold of her "If it's already noon then my parents already called in, at least for me. See if there is a note somewhere."

Calming down there is a moment of silence before a soft rustling of paper "I found one on your nightstand. It says 'Don't worry about school, have a free day. Enjoy, mom'. Huh, sweet. What do you want to do today?"

"We could probably start out with lunch" no sooner than I spoke, both out stomach rumbled at the same time causing us to laugh.

With a plan set in motion we got dressed and headed for a local dinner and spent the day together doing whatever we could think of.