Chapter 23

Warmth surrounds me as I wake from a deep sleep. Little flashes assaulting my memory.

Fuck

It just had to happen at school. Groaning I flex my muscles to see how weak I feel. Relatively strong it's easy to conclude I've been asleep for a few hours. That's not what has me freezing though.

The soft body slightly curled up against my side with hair tickling my nose does.

Sugar Cookie

Even after I ignored her she still came when I needed her. She comforted me when my body was freaking out. Helped ground me to the present like nobody else can. I'd be lost without her. Hell I have been lost without her.

Just like back in Ohio I was going through the motions, not truly living. When I was with her, when we actually talked to each other there was something to actually look forward to each day.

And the nights...oh the nights, they were my favorite despite how they would start out.

Sometimes I would call her over without even having a nightmare. I just wanted to hold her. Smell her unique sent that always soothes me. Keep her in my arms, seeping her warmth into my chest, lulling my beating heart in rhythm with hers till we both fell asleep content.

I've missed her so much. Even though we live next to each other and interact nearly everyday we might as well be on other sides of the planet lately. I miss her quirky attitude she would give me. Hearing the laughter in her voice when a sly quip would slip from my lips.

Everything was fine till I had to go and kiss her. Shaking my head at my own stupidity must have woken her up for I feel her stretching, unknowingly pushing herself into me more groaning out the kinks in her muscles.

"How long have I been asleep?"

There's a pause in her stretching before she breathes out a reply "four to five hours" Pulling back to put some space between us I feel the bed shift as she turns on her side to face me in silence.

Some minutes pass with only the sound of my mother preparing dinner muted in the distance of the house. Still laying on my back ramrod straight I take a deep breath ready to speak

"I should probably go now."

Panic flows through my veins at her words. Before I can think my hand has already gripped her arm tugging her back to me. Totally unprepared the force puts momentum upon her body making her land on my chest knocking the air out of me.

Shuffling back, her hands roam my body as I cough up a lung trying to sit up. "Oh my god! Are you ok, why would you do that?!"

"Don't leave" my voice is so hoarse it makes trying to stop the coughing even more painful. "Water"

The hand patting my back quickly disappears replaced with the hard padding of feet and clinking of glass soon followed by the flow of the bathroom sink.

Soon cold water is being poured past my lips as her hand supports my head in place. Taking over I chug down the rest of the cup before letting it roll to the ground, tugging her worrying frame back into my chest I breath in her hair letting my head drop to her shoulder.

"Sorry, just...don't leave. Not yet."

"I'm here, I'm here" Running her fingers through my hair, I feel her re-adjusting herself to be more comfortable in my hold.

"Wanna talk about it?"

Sighing I slowly pull back rubbing a hand over my eyes before facing her. A sudden sharp gasps had me quirking an eyebrow at her. "What"

"Your...eyes. I've never seen them before." Without realizing it my sunglasses had slipped off at some point. Ready to try and search for them her words startle me frozen to my spot. "So beautiful"

She sounds breathless as her hands ghost across my face. Tracing over my cheekbones up to my eyebrows before slowly brushing down my eyelids and across my lashes.

Every caress, every graze of our skin intoxicates my system. Her fingers trail downwards to my lips making me aware of how accelerated our breathing is. The energy between us has undoubtedly skyrocketed demanding immediate attention.

Not able to take it anymore our friendship was already struggling as it was but I didn't care. I needed to take action before I imploded.

So I kissed her.

I ravished her mouth with my own, drawing out every breath of air from her lungs into my own. Reveled in the shudders that wrack her body as my lips savor the taste of her pleasure on my tongue.

The hold my hand had on the back of her neck tightened as my fingers ran up her scalp feeling the strands flow across my fingertips. If I was never going to have this chance again I was going to enjoy it for as long as I can. Draw out every whimper from her lips as her hands stroke the planes of my chest through my shirt till she clutch's ahold of me like her life depends on it.

Jerking back we both gasp for air and I want nothing more than to be immersed in that kiss again. Bracing myself I wait for her run away or quite possibly slap me.

"So you do like me"