Chapter 39

"Fuck, thats tight!"

My grunt of protest seems to only enlighten Scotts glee more as he tightens the noose around my neck with another chuckle.

"It's a bowtie for a kid, of course it's gunna be tight if you want it to look right and stay together." I really wished I had splurged and bought a new one when renting my tux, but my mom had reminded me I had one from a few years ago and I thought nothing of it. Oh what a mistake that has been.

"Remind me when I get married someday to have David be my best man" I snark sticking a finger in my collar and tugging trying to breath.

"Oh god you big baby!" groaning as I keep messing up his work, a smack to my hands and tug of fabric later my lungs take in copious amounts of air. "And I'd totally be a better best man, do you see Dave giving you his tie?" Sounding like a total diva, he gave me a great opening.

"I don't see anything"

"Smart ass" With humor in his voice my collar gets popped back up as he does my tie again, thankfully this time I can breath.

"What about you, won't you look weird without your tie?" As much as I appreciate him coming to my house to help me get ready for prom I don't want to mess it up for him in the process.

"Nah, pop open a few buttons and it will seem like I left it off on purpose. Plus-" the last tug in place Scott fixes my collar sounding ten kinds of smug "the ladies will love it."

"Just not the lady you want to." A sigh is the only response I get. "You ever gunna tell her how you feel?"

Silence, retreating footsteps, the click of the door, then finally "It wouldn't change a thing anyways." Downhearted he leaves my room, calling out to my mom letting her know I'm ready for pictures.

...

Finally escaping my mothers clutches of 'oh just one more, please' we leave in the party bus everyone rented, taking the girls who got ready over at Bella's house with us.

With my arm slung over my Beauty's shoulder we finally have the time to talk, never even getting the chance to say hello before all the picture taking started.

"You left your hair down" running my fingers through the strand I was 'permitted' to play with I twirl it around delighted when her giggles float up as it tickles her nose. "What color did you choose for your dress?"

Releasing her hair my hand moves down tracing along the thin strap as my lips kiss her other shoulder.

"Green, I wanted to match your eyes." A smile pulls at my lips as my free hand raises up to cup her face, intent to draw our mouths together. Only, I'm not so lucky.

"Wait, his eyes are green?" asks Lizzie ruining the intimate bubble we were in. Sighing, I lean back nodding to her question. "Huh. Kind of figured you as a brown eyed guy."

"Nope" cuddling more into my side pride coats Bellas voice "my man is all green."

Liz speaks again "Can we see?"

"I'm not comfortable with people seeing my eyes." My insecurities have me quick to reject.

"That's ok, we just arrived anyways."

Getting inside becomes a blur of crowded bodies bumping into each other and music blasting through the speakers causing slight havoc on my senses. Fortunately my Sugar Cookie found the official Prom photographer section outside in the garden where the music is more muted from the high upbeat tracks. The line moves quickly enough and after our turn and a walk around the grounds we're back inside just in time for a slow song to start playing.

"Dance with me?" I request as we head back inside.

"It would be my pleasure." Guiding us towards the dancefloor Bella curls into my chest holding one of my hands close to her as the other holds her around her waist, together we sway back and forth in our spot enjoying nearly every slow song they play over the course of the night.