Chapter Two

A faint light shone. It shone bright enough for my honeydew orbs. I went to touch it, having a slight feel of warmth. I walk to it, only for the one light I have descend further away.

I start to run.

I sprint.

Salty water dripped down my already stained cheeks. I whimper, trying to keep myself up while running. My knees buckle in and I drop to the ground, punching the frozen concrete beneath me. I keep smacking it, making a purple bruise appear on the side of my hand as I look up to the light. I open my mouth, yet no voice comes through. The black abyss gets tighter around the only hope I still have.

My hope shrinks, quietly yet painfully. I close my eyes, pleading for the light to come back. A shrilly scream erupted, making my ears regret they could ever hear. My hands fling to my ears, making me drop to the side out of pain because of the outburst. The frightening noise ends. I cautiously take my hands off of my ears- my eyes still sealed. I take a few minutes to gain some confidence to open my eyes, to see what's awaiting me.

A second chance or another death.

I prop my head up to where the light once was, unhurried to see what's expecting me.

~~~

Beeping. Agonising beeping. It went off every second, like it was taunting my patience. The numbness declared over my body, making me feel weak. I tried to move any muscle I could- but nothing budged. I tried to call out, but my voice disapproved of my command. White started filling my vision, making me shudder at the sudden vision. A soft moan swam through my ears, making me slightly satisfied to know I'm not deaf.

A bit of shuffling and a few flimsy voices spoke. They seemed to be far away until my vision fully regained and the voices became more solid. Another moan was let out and the voices stopped. I tried to recall who the faces were, but they weren't familiar. I lifted my head a little- nearly noticeable- to see what's around me. Chairs, desk, a window, a machine and a few indistinguishable faces. I stared at each face, recalling no memory of any of them.

A guy with white hair noticed me staring and called the three others to his attention. Two of them sat on my left, along with my right. They looked at me like they were expecting a cool magic trick or rather. A few minutes passed with a pretty awkward linger to it, until one of the guys spoke up.

"What's your name?" A pink haired male spoke. He looked like the oldest out of the boys that were gathered around me.

"Soomi..." I croak out, barely audible. They must've heard because in sync they nodded their heads. A guy with lilac-purple hair spoke up this time.

"My name's Namjoon, the pink haired is Jin, the white haired is Taehyung and the brown haired is Jungkook," Namjoon explained, pointing to each person as he spoke. I went to nod my head in understanding, but a pang of distress hit my head like a brick.

I gave a minor squeak, closing my eyes so tight it probably looked like I was trying to erase them from my face. They looked worriedly at me, not knowing what to do.

The pain died down and I gave a sigh, opening my eyes once more. I cleared my throat a bit, catching the attention of the boys in front of me.

"N-No offence or a-anyth-thing... but do I know you guys?" I say, looking at each of them, searching for an answer from their expressions. The white haired, Taehyung, went to speak when it a wave of emotions washed over me, the biggest being realisation. The guys most likely noticed my changes expression because Jin questioned me first.

"What's wrong?" He leaned a bit forward to examine me more. I clearly remember now.

I jumped from that bridge.

"I should be dead..."