Chapter Nineteen

We all sat on the couches, none of speaking. The tension was lingering in the air about the previous event. "What're we gonna do?" I mumble, raking my hand through my brown hair for what felt the hundredth time today. "We can't let her go that easily." Hoseok said, leaning forward on the chair with his hands crossed.

Jimin jolted up, "Can't we get the police?" Namjoon shook his head. "We don't have any leads." "I'm a lead." We all gazed up at Yoongi. "Hyung, what do you mean?" Jimin questioned. We didn't tell Hoseok or Jimin about Soomi being related to Yoongi because they weren't at the hospital. "I'm related to Soomi, right? That means that I'm a lead because I'm related to her."

Hoseok sat up straight, looking at Yoongi was a questioning gaze. "What're you talking about?" My jaw clenched, that guilty feeling sizzling inside me. "Soomi's Yoongi hyungs' younger sister." Taehyung cracked. He cringed, gazing at Jin and Namjoon. They nodded, "You know that girl Jungkook saves at that photo shoot we had to cancel?" Jin explained, receiving a nod from Jimin and Hoseok. "Well, that was Soomi. They found out Yoongi was her older brother and they wanted us to take her in."

"So you did?" Jimin said, "What if they were lying and just wanted her to be let off of their hands?" I sat up properly from leaning on the couch. "Jiminie hyung, a hospital wouldn't risk that kind of chance." Taehyung reasoned. "You don't know that. Hospitals can do whatever they want without us knowing." I glared at Jimin, "It doesn't matter who it is. We would've taken her in anyway."

Jimin glared back, "She could've been a criminal, Jungkook, for all we know she could've broken out of jail for being a serial killer." I stood up, fed up with this argument. "But she wasn't, was she?" I started, my voice firm, "She isn't a criminal. She's the most caring person I'd ever met. And we all know that."

Jimin went quiet as I sat back down, my leg bouncing. "Either way, we need to get Soomi back." Hoseok mumbled, sighing. We nodded in agreement. "Anyone else got a better idea than to use me as a lead?" Yoongi questioned. None of us piped us for a better suggestion, so Yoongi stood up. "Guess I'm calling my mum, then."