Chapter Three

All four of them looked at me with sad eyes. It was quiet after awhile I said that. "I saved you." I looked up, confusion swallowing my face.

"W-What?" I question, making sure I heard him correctly. Jungkook was still looking at the white-washed floor, a blank expression painted.

"I saved you." He repeats with the same monotone voice as before. I looked at him with a quirk of anger.

"Why would you save me?" I ask, confusion stringing around my voice as I seemingly look for an answer. "Because you where sinking in the water. If I didn't save you, you would've drowned, been swept away by the river's current and to be never seen again." He replied, like it was smooth and simple.

Why would he care if I jumped? I've never seen him in my life- I only know his name. A tinge of anger swelled up inside me just by thinking why this guy saved me.

Taehyung then spoke up, his question surprising me. "Why were you in the water?" I gave a faint chuckle, making his eyebrows raise up with curiosity. "Would you believe me if I had said I was taking a little swim?" He looked down for a split second then looked back up, shaking his head for an answer.

"Why do you care anyway? You people don't know me, I don't know you. Why should I tell strangers my reasons." I said, my temper showing a bit. I went to say more when a nurse came in, saying that she needed to check my health. The boys understood and left the room, leaving the nurse and I.

"Nice friends you have, staying here and all." I gaze at her questioningly.

"Friends? I think not. I only know their names and that's it- so I wouldn't consider them friends." I state. The nurse stuttered a response, "Oh, sorry I just assumed-" "Assumptions are dangerous. Now, when can I leave?" I interrupted. I couldn't care less about her apology. I just want to get out of this hospital and end my life while I could still be bothered. She quickly nodded.

"We'll be calling your parents to come and pick you up." She answered. My eyes instantly widen at the mention of my so called 'parents'. "No, no, no... calling my parents is unnecessary. Th-They're... overseas for work in... South America..." I answer quickly, hoping my lie will get me out of going back to that psycho. The nurse simply nodded, buying what I gave, "Where or who would you like me to call?" She questioned.

"Just no family. They're all overseas due to work." I say confidently. She nods once more. I can't believe I just lied about my 'parents'.

"Well, alright, all done. We just need to take a minor blood test to get more information about you." The nurse said. I looked at her, panicked. "Can't you take like a saliva swab?" I quickly question, not wanting to be jabbed by a tiny metal toothpick. She shook her head, readying the needle.

"A blood sample gives more information and it'll be more useful in helping you get a home."

After the process of getting some blood out of me, the nurse looked at me, "We need to figure out where you're going to stay, because you can't stay in the hospital forever." She stated. I tried to think of any other relatives than my parents- but it wasn't easy. I've never had a sibling, no uncles or aunties, no cousins and such. I was stumped on people to possibly live with.

Presumably, seeing from the nurse's face, she stirred up an idea.

"How about, after we get your blood test back, we'll search through the passed patients we've had with the same DNA as you?" She gazed at me with hopeful eyes, pleading to agree with the idea. I sighed, "Okay. But if there's no one that's related to me, I get to choose where I get to stay or who I get to stay with." I state, pointing to myself to make it more clear. The nurse shrugged. "Alright."

"That wraps it up for me. If you need anything, just press the orange button and someone will come shortly, I'll let you know if there's anyone that can take you in, for now, you'll be staying here until further information." I bobbed my head understandingly as she walked out, shutting the door with a soft thud.