Chapter Twelve

I woke up yawning and an unexpected realisation brick to the face. I jolt up, gazing down at Soomi's sleeping figure in her sheets. I sigh, laying back down.

"Yoongi." I shift my head to the voice, seeing Jin sitting cross legged on his bed. I nod, referring for him to talk.

"We need to have a chat."

Jin lead me to the living room, the quietness lingering around like it wanted to be cut. He sat on the couch, gesturing me to do the same. Soon later, Jungkook comes through the door yawning, stretching his arms up.

"Jungkook, come sit down, we're gonna tell you about the hospital." Jungkook had confusion written all over his face before it sunk in, having him swiftly sit on the couch next to Jin with a serious face.

"Is it something bad?" I question.

"Depends on how you take it." Jin replies, "Now, do you have any siblings?" I gave him an annoyed expression.

"You know the answer to that."

Jin nods, smiling, "I know the answer, but do you?"

"Of course I do. I'm an only child." I say, looking at him expectantly.

"Yoongi hyung, we'd be lying to you if we said you're an only child." Jungkook says, looking directly into my eyes. I squint my eyes, gazing back and forth between Jin and Jungkook to see if I could see behind their expressions.

"What do you mean... lying?" I cautiously say. Jin sighs, looking like he's trying to put in place the right words.

"I'm just gonna say it. You're more than certain to not believe me, but it's the truth." Jin states as I nod, waiting for what's to come.

"Soomi's... your younger sister..."

I stare at Jin with a blank stare, then to Jungkook who just nods, confirming what Jin said. I didn't necessarily believe Jin, but yet I did. "How do you know this?" I ask.

"Remember when Jungkook jumped into the river at the last photo shoot we had?" Jin says, getting a hum from me, "Yeah, That was Soomi. We took her to the hospital, finding out that she was your sister from DNA test."

"Oh." I didn't know what I was expecting, but it suddenly all shocked me at once.

Soomi's my sister.

But why was she-

"She was in the river because she attempted suicide. She had no family and no home and when the doctors looked up for patients that have been their in the past and you came up, and they wanted us to bring Soomi here. So we did." Jin explains slowly, making sure I process everything.

"Does Soomi know?" I question, looking up at Jin's eyes. He shakes his head, "We didn't want to tell her just yet because she had been through a lot so far, we didn't want to put more pressure on her." I nod.

"We should go back to bed, it's still early in the morning." Jungkook says, stranding and up and going back to his room. I gaze at Jin, seeing him standing up.

"Taehyung and Namjoon are the other two who know, we're going to tell Hoseok later. Please don't tell Soomi."

I give a small smile, "I won't."