Second in Command

You headed to Raven's tent and saw her stood in front of the map of Remnant. Her sword was on a table and her helmet was under her arm. You cleared your throat and Raven turned towards you

Raven: Ah Y/N. How can I help?

Y/N: I remember you telling me about your tribe. As it's growing, control has been more difficult. Just a few hours ago, a few of your tribe attacked me while I spoke with Vernal about the techniques you taught me. I realised there were a few flaws in both our techniques and I spoke with Vernal about if there were ways to narrow down the flaws as much as possible. Then a few of your tribe must have misheard, because they assumed I was criticising your fighting style, which I would never do. In short, Raven, if you see me as worthy enough for it, I would like to become a sort of second in command for this tribe. Some of them listen to me without question after they saw the new armor you made me.

Raven thought about it for a while.

Raven: Y/N I understand that there are flaws in both our techniques. Which is why we train so much. And about the second in command request, I already have a second in command. Her name is Vernal.

You nodded in respect, a little saddened. Raven placed a hand on your shoulder and you looked at her

Raven: But, since the tribe listens to you as well due to the new armor you have and the fact you are my nephew, if you want to, you can become a sort of bodyguard for me. Granted it's not as good as second in command, but you still have authority over the tribe. So in a sense, you are a second in command as well.

You smiled and gave Raven a quick hug. Being a bodyguard for the leader of the tribe sounded very useful. Raven smiled and hugged you back. You headed to the shelf for your weapons and armor and took your helmet, before placing it on your head and handing Raven her sword. She smiled at you. Since becoming a permanent member of the tribe, Raven had made sure that people listened to you, her and Vernal. She gave you permission to punish them as you saw fit. This new position in Raven's tribe really suited you. Most of the tribe feared you because of your punishments for disobedience. Raven admitted your methods were unorthodox but as long as they kept the tribe in line, they were helpful. But she told you never to kill any of them without her authority. As always you obeyed her. You knew that you may be a second in command, but she still had authority over you.
A few hours later, you were working on your armor when Vernal arrived to speak to Raven. You let her pass, as she was one of the people Raven would always allow in the tent. Usually, you'd stop the tribe members and ask them what they wanted, but Vernal was an exception.

Raven: What is it Vernal?

Vernal: We have a visitor. Someone with long yellow hair, a yellow metal arm and some sort of bracelet shotgun. She was pretty brutal with our troops

Bracelet shotgun? Those two words reminded you of someone who you grew up with. Yang.

Y/N: What are your orders ma'am? Do we attack her?

Raven: No Y/N, we wont attack her. She's probably here to see me, after so long. And probably you. Finish your armor work and get your helmet on. Don't want her seeing you and recognising you immediately.

You nodded and finished your work on your armor, put it on and placed your helmet on before heading out behind Raven to see Yang.

Yang: Mom.

Raven: (removing her mask) Yang. So, after all this time you finally decided to visit me.

Yang felt her left hand shaking once again, but she used her robotic hand to calm it down.

Yang: You know that I searched for you. I spent years looking for you.

Raven: And you’ve found me. You were patient, determined, and strong enough to make your dream a reality. Well done, Yang. But did you have to be so rough with my men?