The Truth

At the Branwen Tribe camp, Vernal poured cups of tea for Raven,Yang and Y/N. They were all inside Raven's tent with the latter three seated around a table.

Raven: (to Vernal) You can wait outside. Thank you.

Vernal did so.

Yang: So, what's the "truth"?

Raven: (taking a sip from her cup) You know, it's better when it's hot.

Y/N took a small sip from his and looked at Yang, who hadn't even touched her cup. He sighed and looked back to Raven, who continued with the story

Raven: The truth is that "truth" is hard to come by. A story of victory for one person is a story of defeat for someone else. By now, your uncle has surely told Ruby and her friends plenty of stories.

Yang: Well, he's never given me a reason to doubt him before.

Raven: That doesn't mean those reasons don't exist. (Yang glares at her) You know, you and your teammates might as well be the poster children for the Huntsman academies. Your motives vary, but you all enrolled to try and make the world a better place. It's adorable.

Yang: It's what Huntsmen and Huntresses do.

Raven: Not all of them. Some people are just in it for the money and the fame, but there's even more that are just looking to grow stronger. Your Uncle Qrow and I didn't attend Beacon to become Huntsmen, we did it to learn how to kill Huntsmen.

Yang gasped at this, exchanging a brief look with Y/N, who remained silent the whole time.

Raven: Daddy and Uncle left that part out, hm? (begins to pour more tea for herself) Aside from the Grimm, Huntsmen were the only ones capable of ruining our raids and hunting us down. Our tribe needed a counterforce. (takes another sip) And Qrow and I were the perfect age. (standing up) The entrance exams were child's play compared to what we'd already been through. We were good. So good, that we caught the attention of Beacon's very own headmaster, Professor Ozpin. Even after we were put on a team, I could tell he was keeping his eye on us. Back then, I thought it was because he knew, but it was Team STRQ he was interested in.

Yang: What do you mean by that?

Raven: Constant attention, extra training missions, turning a blind eye whenever we happened to break the rules and get into more trouble than we should've. Sound familiar?

Yang and Y/N shared another glance at each other. Y/N made a subtle gesture at Yang to keep going.

Yang: What's your point?

Raven: How much do you know about Professor Ozpin? About his past?

Y/N: According to those texts about him, he was one of the youngest headmasters to be appointed to a school. But why?

Raven: Because that's how he planned it. Because the man you know as Ozpin designed those schools and has followers inside every academy on Remnant that are loyal to him and no one else.

Yang: That doesn't make any sense! How could he have...? No. Why would someone even do that?

Raven: Because old man Oz has a great and terrible secret. One that could spread fear across the world. One that he eventually entrusted to our team, and once I knew, there was no going back. I needed to know more, but with every new discovery I made, the more horrifying the world became.

Yang: Okay, then tell us. What's the big secret? What's so crazy that the rest of us don't know?

Raven: The Creatures of Grimm... have a master named Salem. She can't be stopped, she can't be reasoned with, and she will not rest until humanity crumbles at her feet.