I'm so Sorry

Down in the vault, Yang faced Raven and Y/N. Y/N held his injured shoulder from when Cinder burnt him, and his helmet lay next to Vernal’s body.

Raven: I warned you, Yang. I gave you every opportunity to walk away from Qrow and Oz. So you can believe me when I say this wasn’t personal.

Yang: (glaringYou opened the vault.

Raven: Thanks to the chaos you and your friends caused upstairs. I knew you could handle it. You’re my daughter after all.

Yang: Qrow and Oz told me how the Maiden powers are transferred. The girl you found… she would’ve had to have trusted you if you were in her final thoughts - cared about you a lot.

Raven: I’m sure they told you plenty, and you just sat and obeyed.

Yang: No, I’m starting to ask questions like you said. So tell me, what happened to the last Spring Maiden? Did she die in battle? Was it sickness?

Raven: What does it matter to you?

Yang: (eyes widening) I can already see the answer. It’s all over your face. How could you?!

Raven: She was scared when we found her! Weak. No matter how much training I put her through, she never learned! She wasn’t cut out for this world! And with those powers, she would’ve been hunted her entire life! What I did--

Yang: (quoting her mother) “Wasn’t personal.”

Raven: It was mercy!

Yang: Which is it, mom? Are you merciful, or are you a survivor? Did you let me walk into that trap because you knew I could handle it, or because if many could get what you wanted?!

Raven: It’s not that simple. You don’t know me, you don’t know what I’ve been through, the choices I’ve had to make!

Yang: You’re right. I don’t know you. I only know the Raven dad told me about. She was troubled, and complicated, but she fought for what she believed in, whether it was her team or her tribe! Did you kill her too?

Raven eyes widened and she looked away, before turning back to face her daughter and nephew again.

Raven: I’ve stared death in the face over and over again! (in her anger, her Maiden powers activate) And every time I’ve spat in that face and survived, because I’m strong enough to do what others won’t!!

Yang: Oh, shut up!! You don’t know the first thing about strength! You turn your back on people, you run away when things get too hard, you put others in harm’s way instead of yourself!! (she balls her hand into a fist, shaking) You might be powerful, but that doesn’t make you strong.

Raven: (enragedWho do you think you are lecturing me?! Standing there, shaking like a scared little girl?!

Y/N stepped back, unsure of what to do

Yang: Yeah, I’m scared. But I’m still standing here! I’m not like you, I won’t run, which is why you’re going to give me the Relic.

When Yang said that, Y/N gasped, his eyes going wide. He'd never heard something like this before

Raven: And why would I--

Yang: Because you’re afraid of Salem!!! And if you thought having Maiden powers put a target on your back, imagine what she’ll do when she finds out you have a Relic. (Raven turns away, seething) She’ll come after you with everything she has. (Raven’s expression then turns solemn) Or she can come after me. (Raven’s eyes widen when she hears her daughter say that, before turning back to her.) And I’ll be standing there, waiting for her.