A Mistake

Plot: Alec is engaged to his new boyfriend and is very happy. But when Magnus has to "babysit" Alec and his friends, including his finance, things kinda.... find out below (like every Malec shipper doesn't know what I'm talking about 😉😏)

Alec's POV
I sighed as my phone vibrated on the bedside table. "Hello?" I asked tiredly. "Alexander, where are you?! I thought we were doing wedding planning today!" Peter shouted through the phone.
"We were, but-"
"But what?!"
"I took a walk. I'll be back when I can"
"Okay, I guess I'll see you later"
"Right"
I hung up the phone and turned around in the bed. Honestly, I hated lying to my finance.

2 days earlier....

Alec's POV
Opening my eyes to the bright lights, I immediately covered them with my hands. "Good morning, Alexander," a voice spoke above me, making me smile. "Peter, I thought you weren't coming back until tonight," I replied before sitting up and gave my finance a kiss.
"I wanted to surprise you. We need to-"
All of a sudden, the sirens started coming on. "This is an emergency. Please head to the library where a portal will take you to safety. I repeat, head to the library immediately," the intercom echoed throughout the entire institute. "Finish your sentence when we get to safety, all right?" I panicked. Peter nodded before taking my hand and ran to the library with me tailoring behind him. I almost froze in shock when noticing the warlock beside the open portal but was dragged immediately inside.

Magnus's POV
"Magnus, keep them safe!" Maryse shouted. "You're staying behind?" I panicked, making Maryse nod.
"I have to, Magnus"
"You could die!"
"I don't care! Someone has to stay behind!"
"Make Robert stay behind then!"
"I wish, but sadly he's in Idris"
I shook my head before I was pushed in the portal. No, I thought as the portal closed behind me.

1 day earlier...

Alec's POV
"Why did mom have to stay behind?" Izzy cried for the 3455624th time tonight. I heard Magnus sigh. "I already told you she had to," Magnus replied.
"She wouldn't kill herself!"
"We don't know if she's dead, Isabelle"
"What about the wedding?" Peter whispered in my ear. "Just be thankful that you had her blessing," I whispered back. "What about the wedding though?!" Izzy cried out. Great, thanks for saying that out loud, I thought. "Wedding, what wedding?" Magnus asked, confused.
"Alec and Peters of course"
"Your brother... is engaged"
For some reason, I thought I heard hurt in Magnus's voice. "Yeah, we've been engaged for about a year now," Peter responded. "Right. Well congrats," Magnus answered.
"Thank you, I guess"
Silence. "What's our plan?" I asked, breaking the silence. "For now, everyone needs relaxation. We'll figure out what to do tomorrow," Magnus ordered.

4 hours later....

Alec's POV
I sighed as I played on my phone. "Shouldn't you be asleep?" A voice asked, making me jump. "Shouldn't you as well, Magnus?" I answered.
"I couldn't sleep"
Silence. "Answer honestly. Why did you agree to help us?" I asked. "Honestly, I wanted to get you back. But after finding out you were engaged, it destroyed me. I was just too late," Magnus sighed.
"Magnus-"
"Does Peter make you happy, Alexander?"
"I.... yes, he does"
"You deserve to be happy so I'm willing to let you go"
"I still love you, Mags. True love never dies"
Magnus chuckled before sitting next to me. "That's true," Magnus replied. I stared at him for what seemed like entirety. The next thing I knew was that we were kissing hungrily. I sighed happily as I was picked up in Magnus's arms and carried to a random bedroom. In no time, clothes were discarded on the floor and Magnus was kissing down my stomach.

Now

Alec's POV
I sighed as my phone vibrated on the bedside table. "Hello?" I asked tiredly. "Alexander, where are you?! I thought we were doing wedding planning today!" Peter shouted through the phone.
"We were, but-"
"But what?!"
"I took a walk. I'll be back when I can"
"Okay, I guess I'll see you later"
"Right"
I hung up the phone and turned around in the bed. Honestly, I hated lying to my finance. "Morning beautiful," Magnus's tired voice spoke. "Morning," I whispered.
"Alexander, do you regret it?"
"I... of course I do. But, I don't"
"You have to tell him, Alexander"
"I can't"
"You can't keep this from him. Either you tell him or I will"
I sighed and kissed Magnus's lips. "You took a walk, hmm?!" Peters voice shouted through the  door. I gasped as I sat up. "Peter, I can explain!" I yelled.
"No, Alexander, you can't. I'm calling off the engagement, you can have your stupid ring back"
"Peter, please! I love you!"
"If you loved me, Alexander, you wouldn't have done this!"
Before slamming the door behind him, Peter threw my ring to the floor. "Alexander, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to take advantage of you," Magnus sighed. "You didn't, Magnus. I wanted it too," I replied before pulling him closer.