Chapter 8: Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater

Friday

"You know, I'm starting to think the idea of us having separate rooms is toast." I turned over to face him. "Well, tomorrow night, we will be sharing a room permanently." He grinned as he stared boldly into my eyes. "Yeah," he whispered. 

"I'm going to go see how set up is going for our wedding, want to come?" He shook his head. "I'm not feeling too well so I'm going to rest a bit more and take it easy today." I nodded reluctantly. "Alright. Feel better." I kissed his head before leaving the room.

As I surveyed the almost finished space, I couldn't keep my mouth shut. The 500 chairs were facing a big willow tree, which James and I would be married under. The reception space had fifty big wooden tables with the same chairs all set for dinner perfectly with calligraphy name tags on each tea cup. 

The antique tables for the pancake and omelet bars had the signs and serving ware all ready to be used. I looked at the pictures of each flower arrangement for the tables that Anna had placed there for the servants and smiled. Everything was going to look so perfect! 

Even our table for the two of us made me want to cry out of sheer happiness. I couldn't have had someone plan my wedding better if I tried. I pulled out my phone and began to take pictures to show James when I got home. I got a text after that from Mrs. Wright that my dress was at her place and went over. After a slight adjustment in the bodice, I happily scurried back to our place to tell James everything.

I opened the front door and closed it quickly. "James?" I called excitedly as I ran to the living room. He wasn't there. He must've stayed in bed I thought as I ran up the stairs. "James? Everything looks so-" I opened the door and saw him kissing Anna, our wedding planner. He pushed her away and turned to me, ashamed. "How dare you!" "Nicole-" I pointed to Anna. "Get out of my house!" She hurriedly put on her top and ran out of the room. 

I glared at James after I knew she was gone. "I should've known." "Nicole, please." "It's a good thing I walked in when I did because you two were about to-" 

"Stop! She threw herself at me. What was I supposed to do?" "Hmm. I don't know. Call for help? Shove her away? Run away yourself? Slap her? Punch her? Anything but kiss her!" He came over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. I shoved it off with a disgusted look on my face. 

"Don't you dare touch me." The tears started to spill out of my eyes before I could stop them. "Nicole-" "Save it for when you have to explain a wedding called off." I threw off the ring as I ran out the door. 

"Nicole, please, can't we work this out?" He sure could run fast. "No." "I pushed her off as soon as I could." "Yeah, after her shirt was off." "She took it off when she entered the room!" "And how am I supposed to believe that?!" "By trusting me!" he bellowed. It echoed thoroughly through the trees causing birds to fly from them. 

I wiped my eyes before looking into his watering ones. "I did but you blew it." "No." "Yes." He stared at me lovingly before crashing his lips onto mine. With each kiss, my anger grew weaker and weaker. On the other hand, my passion grew stronger and stronger. 

"Please," he pleaded when he finally pulled away. "You promise she made moves on you?" He nodded fervently. "Yes!"  I ran a hand through his hair. "Then I guess I'm going to have to trust you." He grinned as he kissed me once again. 

We talked to the queen immediately. Within seconds, Anna was fired and had to give all the money we paid her for the wedding back. She was also disgraced in the wedding world so that no other couple would use her. It was all kept hush-hush though, so the wedding wouldn't be affected by it. 

"When Anna pushed herself at you, why didn't you give in?" "Because I care about you, Nicole." I smiled. "You do?" "Yes. I like you." I laughed as I grabbed his hand. "I like you too." He swung our attached hands causing us to both laugh.