Chapter 16: Don't Rollin

"So how did Rollin get inside earlier today?" James smiled as he button up his shirt.

"He has a key." 

I put my eyeshadow down and turned to him. "Are you serious?" 

"Yeah. How else would he have gotten in?" 

I rolled my eyes as I put finishing spray in my straightened hair. "You need to get that key away from him." 

James laughed. "What, did he interrupt something you were possibly enjoying?"

I tried not to, but I blushed. "Yes, he was." 

James looked up from tying his shoe, surprised. "I didn't know you were going to be truthful about it." 

I smiled coyly as I put my makeup bag away and headed to my closet. I was slipping on my red strapless gown when I realized I couldn't zip it up by myself. 

"James?"

"Yeah?" 

"I need help with my dress." 

He came over to me and crossed his arms. "What exactly are we doing? Taking it off or putting it on?" 

I glared at him as he zipped it up. He smiled as he leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Easy, babe," he whispered against my cheek bone before he pulled away. 

In that instant, I was sure my blood was a whole ten degrees warmer. 

The General's mansion looked so beautiful as we pulled up. It might have been the way the lights hung over every inch of the front garden, the orchestra that could be heard from the driveway, or the laughter that oozed from every crevice of the house. 

As the butlers opened the doors, I grabbed James's hand very tightly. "Stick close to me okay?" he whispered as he began leading us through. I nodded and began to glance around the crammed space. 

As we came up to his mother, he let go of my hand. She excused the people she was talking to before turning to smile at us. "James! It is so good to see you!" He hugged her and kissed both of her cheeks before she turned to me. "Well look at you," she circled me before continuing, saying, "James, I do believe you married the prettiest girl in all of Europe." 

She hugged me tight as he nodded. "I would agree mother." I raised an eyebrow at James and he grinned back at me. 

Mrs. Wright waved her hand at us before beginning to walk away. "Enjoy yourselves tonight. I'm going to go check on how dinner is coming. I'll see you later." 

As she left, James led me to his friends. They grinned as they studied me and I tightened my grip on James's arm. "Everyone, this is Nicole, my wife." 

They all shook my hand. "Yes, we've heard all about her. He won't talk about anything else. And Rollin sure has a lot to say." We both glared at Rollin making him blush. 

After dinner, everyone began to get on the dance floor. Make You Feel My Love by Adele came on and James's eyes filled with an emotion I did not think I had seen since our wedding night. "Are you okay?" I whispered. 

"Yes." He hesitated a minute before whispering in my ear, "Come with me." I scrunched my eyebrows together as he led me to what appeared to be a guest room. 

"James," I said cautiously. He closed the door before waltzing over to me. "What are you-" He put a finger to my lips before he replaced his finger with his lips. 

My mind went hazy as he continued to kiss me. With my fingers in his hair and his hand on my back, I felt like I could do anything in the world. It wasn't until I sat on the bed that I pulled away. "Not tonight, James." 

He smiled. "I don't know what you are talking about. I simply wanted to kiss you." I rolled my eyes as I took his hand and followed him back out of the bedroom. At that exact moment, Rollin walked by. 

He opened his mouth and we both glared. "Don't Rollin," we growled. He rose his hand in defense and continued on his way. We looked at each other before we broke out laughing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night:

I climbed into bed with my hair still wet from the shower and was surprised to see James shirtless. It was winter time. What was he doing? 

I was about to lay down when I was pulled tight up against him. His lips passionately met mine and I put as much emotion as I could with being so tired. 

His hands roamed my body as he laid down on top of me. I took a deep breath as he laced our hands together. "James-" He shook his head and leaned down to kiss me again. 

As things started to cool down, he placed gentle kissed on my neck before chuckling. 

"What?" 

He smiled. "I've wanted to do that for a really long time." 

I grinned too as I gave him a sweet kiss. 

"Goodnight James." He rolled himself off of me and turned on his side. 

"Goodnight Nicole." I readjusted my top because it had shifted when we were making out before I turned on my sleeping side as well.