Chapter 10: A Wedding Night Gone A-Wire

The light from the sparklers the guests were holding nearly blinded us as we made our way to our getaway car. 

"Where are we going?"

"Home?"

"For our honeymoon?"

He frowned. "I have to be appointed Duke in a matter of days. There is a whole other party to plan." 

I sighed angrily as I stared out the window facing away from him.

"We can go wherever you want after that, though."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Where would you like to go?"

"Ireland."

"Consider it done." 

"Which room tonight?"

He raised an eyebrow mischievously. "Neither."

"Neither?"

"The master suite is done. We get to use it tonight." 

"But I didn't see any room plans or fabric swatches!"

"That's because I picked everything out for us."

"It better not be the first dance all over again."

He chuckled. "It won't, I promise." 

He led me up the stairs and through the double french doors. "Oh my gosh." I looked around and couldn't believe my eyes at how beautiful it was. The white canopy bed with white sheer curtains was calling my name.

"You did all this?" He nodded as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I kissed his cheek. "Thank you." 

He nodded as I made my way over to the bed. "It's so soft. Is it silk?"

"The sheets are."

"Wow."

"Do you need to change first or shall I?"

"No, you can go ahead." He left and the servants quickly removed my gown, handing me my robe to cover up. They left after hanging my dress just in time.

"You changed fast." I stared at his muscular chest and he smirked. "You okay or do I need to put my shirt back on?"

"No!" I said a little too quickly. I blushed and murmured, "I'm fine." 

He nodded with a smug smile. "So what's with the robe? Don't tell me you are wearing special pajamas for tonight."

"Ok, I won't then." He laughed as he pulled me into his arms.

What did you propose we were going to do?" he murmured against my lips.

I couldn't think clearly with them so near to me. "I-I don't know." He smiled as he leaned in and kissed my lips.

------------

He broke the kiss and I stared at him. "Do you love me?"

He kissed my lips. "What?"

"Do you love me?" He froze where he had been kissing my neck.

After a little bit he replied, "Yes." 

I pushed him off of me as I put my robe back on. "Where are you going?"

"My old room."

"Why?"

"Because you don't love me."

He stared at me confused. "I just said I-"

"I know but you had to think about it!"

"You took me by surprise, okay?"

"Well what we were going to do is something I want to save for someone who I love and for someone who loves me."

"What are you saying?"

I pointed to the bed. "Not tonight, and not with you." I stormed out of the room as he hollered after me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a sleepless night, I hoped a long bubble bath would help me get through my day. I took my time, not caring if I missed breakfast. I could always get them to make me something later, without james. As I headed downstairs, James was coming up. 

"You might want to change."

"Why?"

"You have to go with my mother to pick out your gown for the Duke's coronation ball. My suit's already ready to go." 

"Alright, I will. After breakfast." "

It's delicious by the way, French toast. " I nodded and brushed passed him. He grabbed my arm. "We are going to talk about last night when you get back." I groaned inwardly and nodded as I continued my way to the dining room. 

"How about this one?" I frowned at the frilly hot pink gown the sales associate was holding so she put it back.

"There has to be something here," Mrs. Wright stated as she continued to scan the racks. "I know you hate ball gowns, dear, but it is a ball and you have to wear one."

"I know." 

"This one." I pulled it out and held it up against me. She smiled immediately before turning to the sales associate.

"We'll take it." (see photo)