Chapter 6

For the last five minutes, Max and Jax have been bugging me about where and what I'm gonna draw. Apparently, if you say I don't know, they won't understand. It will go in one ear and out the other. I just need some inspiration. Just a tad bit of anything. I look over to the hill to see the sun behind it. I still had a decent amount of sunlight if I wanted to finish it. Maybe something up there might give me an idea.

   I climb up the grassy hill with everyone in tow. I look out to see the town, trees, and the mountains in the distance. Don't get me wrong, drawing any of those things would make a beautiful picture, but I wanted to do something different. Something that people don't normally see. 

   I look down towards my feet and cock my head to the side. I slowly take off my sandals and toss them to the side. Shifting my feet a little bit I feel the soft, cool grass between my wiggling toes. That's it! I'll do feet in the grass. Hold up, who am I kidding? I can't even draw a hand, let alone feet. I've never been good at drawing people. That's why I stick to nature; you can never go wrong with that. Wait, let me take out the feet, and just do the grass. I don't want to look down at it, though. I'll do a close up with trees in the background. Actually, I think I want the town, instead of the trees. 

   "Are you okay?" I look up to see Amelia waving her hand in front of my face. I guess I kinda forgot they were there. 

   "Huh, oh, I'm sorry," I shake my head. "I think I figured out what I'm going to do."

   "I knew it! I could literally see the gears working in your head," Max jokes.

   "Me too," Jax agrees. 

   "So, what did you decide to do?" Amelia asks.

   "A close up of the grass, and the town in the background," I reply.

   "Oooh, that will look so cool," Rachel says.

   "Thanks," I say smiling.

   "Hey, isn't that kinda like your leaf one you're going to enter?" Liam wonders. 

   "Yes, but a little different. Now, I better get started before the sun goes down." I plop down on the grass and lay on my stomach. I get out my sketchbook and my pencils. Everyone else sits down and watch. It doesn't bother me because I'm used to it. I would randomly draw or paint while I was selling my other creations in my recent towns.

   "Okay, I'm done." I look up to see Liam reading some book, Amelia on her phone, Rachel braiding Amelia's hair, and Max and Jax throwing a football. I look over to see the sun halfway gone below the horizon. 

   "Finally," Jax says.

   "Hey, art takes time," I smirk.

   "Yeah, we can tell," he jokes. "Now let me see."

   "Say please," I giggle, holding the sketch to my chest.

   "Becca," he whines, "just show me!"

   "Okay, okay, fine." I surrender. I flip over my book as everyone gathers around me. Amelia reaches for it, and I hand it to her. They slowly hand it to each other and look over it. A bunch of 'that's amazing' and 'this looks so good' filled my ears. I thank them and stand up. My legs were a little tingly since I've been on the ground for a long time. When they were done looking at it I pack it up with my other supplies and head back down the hill.

   "Hey, so since tomorrow is Saturday we were gonna hang out all day, and watch some movies when it gets dark," Amelia informs.

    "Yeah, we put up a big, white sheet, and a projector," Max adds.