Chapter 17

My eyes widen in disbelief. "H-how do you know my name?" I'm one hundred percent positive that I didn't tell Marcus or Ivan my name.

   "What the crap, Boss. We tried to get her to say her name, but we didn't have any luck. So how do you know it?" Ivan says in shock. He looks at Marcus and then to me with his mouth agape.

   Mr. Caldwell stands there staring at me. I squirm under his glare and look down at my lap. Why hasn't he said anything? He keeps standing there looking at me. Does he know something I don't?

   "Boss?" Ivan asks, cocking his head to the side. Mr. Caldwell finally snaps out of his trance. He glances at the guards. He storms towards the door, slamming it on his way out.

   "What was that about?" Marcus whispers to Ivan. 

   "No idea," Ivan whispers back. "I was hoping you would know. Do you think we can get it out of the girl?"

   "Sorry, but I'm as clueless as you two are?" I cut in. They both snap their heads in my direction. Marcus opens his mouth to say something, but I cut him off, "Sorry, but you don't exactly talk very quietly." That earns me a glare from each of them. Maybe, I shouldn't have said anything, but I'm telling the truth on this one. I have no idea how he knows my name. Plus it's just a little creepy. 

   "So you don't know how Mr. Caldwell knows your name?" Marcus asks.

   I sigh, "No, I have no idea. I've never even met him before."

   "Are you sure?" Marcus persists.

   "Yes!" I exclaim.

   "Ugh, Ivan can you go check on Mr. Caldwell. I'll stay here and watch her."

   "Why me?" Ivan says pointing to himself. "He didn't seem in the greatest mood."

   "He likes you better, and you know that. Plus we have to find out what he wants us to do with her."

   Ivan contemplates before saying, "Alright fine. Don't let her out of her sight, okay?"

   "I know, and I can handle this. Now go on," Marcus waves Ivan towards the door. 

   Ivan leaves, and it's only Marcus and I. I lean back a little watching him. I might make it out if he looks the other way. I do know how to get out. He would definitely catch me, though. It would take too long to open the door, and I probably wouldn't even make it out of this room. "So, how's the weather?" I blurt out, leaning on my hand.

   "Shut up, Rebecca," he sternly says.

   "So, you do know my name. I thought you had missed it when Mr. Caldwell said it. It is a little weird to think about. How-"

   "Will you shut up, or I'm going to deal with you myself!" That got me to shut my mouth. I sit there as the seconds pass by. I start tapping my finger on my leg. I glance back at the door. I look above it to see a clock. I hadn't seen it before. A smile small graces my lips. It's been 30 minutes since I first walked in. They boys and Rachel for sure have completed the mission, and have gotten out of here. They would've realized something happened to me, though. Maybe Max has hacked in the security systems and is watching me. Hopefully they group doesn't come back in for me. That will not help anything. Unless they do succeed, but I don't want them to risk it. I look across the room until I find a small black circle in the back left corner of the room. I smile a little and nod. 

   I jump when the door slams open, and someone walks in. I turn my head to see Ivan walking towards me. He grips my arm, pulling me up to my feet. He motions for Marcus, and he comes over grasping my other arm. "Where are we going?" Marcus asks.