Six

Chapter 6

"Dan, get out of the bathroom.", Lucifer said it as if he were talking to a five year old, carefully. His forehead was leaning against the door and his hand was jostling the door handle while the other knocked rapidly against the door.

He had shown Dan his cursed form, the red monster that lied beneath his handsome front. He thought, for some reason, that Dan would accept him and not fear him. But that was just a fantasy, who would love a monster- the devil himself?

Lucifer continued to knock on the door for several more minutes before he have up and moved away from the door with reluctant steps and left Dan's apartment. He drove to the club and being as it was late, the place was bustling with people. He walked to the bar and asked Amber, the bartender, to give him a bottle of whiskey and a glass. After she did, he opened the bottle and poured a glassful before gulping it all down in one go. This went on for an hour and by then he had gone through five bottles of straight whiskey, he wasn't drunk though- just buzzed.

He got up from his seat at the bar and went over to sit by his piano. The music that was blasting in the club stopped abruptly and people let out awes of disappointment before they noticed the reason for the music being cut- it was now time for Lucifer to give his special performance.

He hovered his fingers over the keyboard and with a deep breath, he let them push down on the keys. The melody was familiar which was surprising, as many of the songs he sang were his originals. The crowd started swaying to the melody and he put his all in playing this tune, then he opened his mouth to sing.

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help

falling in love
With you

He kept quiet for a few seconds, just playing the piano, before going back into singing.

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

But I can't help

falling in love
with you.

I can't help

falling in love

With you.

His voice was cracking at the end. He got up from his seat behind the piano and the crowd was looking at him in amazement. He wondered why they hadn't applauded him like they usually do. Some people from the audience were in tears, he was surprised when a brunette in a gold dress came towards him and handed him a tissue. That's when the warm liquid trailing down his cheeks became noticeable, he now understood why the crowd was staring at him in bewilderment. He was crying, but what for?

He took the tissue from the brunette and cleansed his face before giving the crown a big fake smile, "Well then, that was dramatic", he said in his most cheerful voice, but the crowd was still in shock so they remained as they were- staring. "What are you waiting for? Applaud!", he gestured to their hands and the crowd went crazy as they clapped their hands.

Lucifer was satisfied that people thought he was just being extra with the tears. He commanded the deejay to turn up the music but not before asking for a Brittany in the club, there were three of them; the first one was a brunette with a pixie cut in a LBD. The second one was also a brunette with long hair that had curls and was also in a little black dress. The last one was a redhead, her hair was straitened and brushed her waist, she was in a teal coloured dress to match her eye color. He took the three Brittany's with him upstairs to have 'fun' after the music was back on.

||

Back at Dan's apartment, in his bathroom. Dan was sitting inside the empty bathtub with his arms wrapped around his knees. He had his head leaning on his knees and was trying to compose himself. He was hyperventilating, how could he not after having seen the devil with his own two eyes.

When Lucifer had said he was from Hell and that he was the devil, Dan thought it was just one of Lucifer's crazy rantings. He didn't even know what had pushed him to ask for proof but now he wished he hadn't. It was only in a blink of an eye that Lucifer's appearance changed and in place of his handsome face was a red faced monster, and by red faced he didn't mean sunburnt red, he meant red- the colour of blood.

Dan had scrambled away from the bed, "Dios mío! Tu eres el diablo." (Oh my God! You're the devil!) He had shouted while he moved away from the evil being before him. Lucifer had stood up, after changing back to his human form, to reassure him but stopped when Dan shouted, "Let go Satan!", he then got up and ran into the bathroom before locking the door behind him. He knew it wouldn't do much to stop the devil but it made him feel like he was trying to at least protect himself before his demise.

Dan had stayed in the bathroom for a while, even after Lucifer's knocking had stopped. He wanted to be sure he was safe, Lucifer could have been pretending to be gone in order to lure him outside, the devil was a deceitful thing.

After calming himself down from hyperventilating, he got up and took off his clothes before closing the curtain around the tub and turning on the spray to shower. He showered for 30 minutes before hesitantly opening the door and going to his closet to get his pajama pants before climbing into bed and fell asleep. He hoped that when he woke up in the morning all of tonight's happenings were nothing but a horrible nightmare.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Please do Vote, Share and leave a comment.
Thanks for reading!