Eleven

^^Maze

Chapter 11

When Lucifer left Dan's apartment, he went straight to Linda's mansion at the edge of the city. Maze had been living there ever since the incident. During the drive to see Maze, Lucifer was getting frustrated by the fact that he was getting sick- the devil doesn't get sick.

He got to the gate and called in for Maze to open the humongous gate for him. After driving in, he parked his car and went inside. He was welcomed by a butler that told him to wait in the lounge while he called Maze. Lucifer complied and took a seat in the lounge, not a minute passed and Maze was present. He was dressed in her usual outfit; black spandex pants with a grey T-shirt and of course her biker boots.

"What do you want?" was how she announced her presence to Lucifer. He got up from where he was sitting and she moved in front of him. She squinted her eyes as she took in the way he look. " What's wrong? Why do you look so disgusting?", she said and grabbed his face between her hands, turning him to look at him carefully.

Lucifer pulled his face from her grip and fixed Hus hair, "I haven't been feeling well. I think I may be sick.", he said.

" What do you mean, sick? You can't be sick.", she said in a bored tone.

"I keep vomiting and my stomach aches so much. It feels like it's on fire in there.", he explained.

"Wait, you're serious? But how is it even possible?", she wasn't asking him. She paced around for a bit before she stopped and looked him. "When did this start?".

Lucifer thought about it for a while. "It has been going on for a month or two? I'm uncertain of the time it started."

"Did you notice anything out of the ordinary before this all started?", she asked. He thought about it for a while before something came to his mind.

"There was a night that I got really drunk and as I was falling asleep, I could've sworn I'd seen a woman standing over me."

"Okay, but why are you only telling me about this now? You have been sick for a whole months and possibly longer."

Lucifer sat down and Maze followed suit. "Because in the beginning it was just mild pains in my stomach and it was probably once a week or so, but now it is more painful and happens often.", he said. He also took notice of how, at that moment, he wasn't feeling any pain. " Like right now, I'm feeling very okay.".

Maze thought about it for a few minutes before something clicked in her memory. "Didn't you always get vulnerable when you were around Decker?", she asked, referring to Chloe.

"Yes, but she has been dead. So she can't be the reason I'm feeling sick. Even if she was alive, why would I feel such excruciating pain without an injury?"

"Obviously, but I think you were poisoned. But since you're not human, it doesn't work when you're not vulnerable. So I'm guessing that if Decker was around, she would be the cause of the poison starting to boil in your stomach."

"But she is dead."

"Well, who is always around when you start feeling sick?"

"The detective... Dan.", Lucifer felt confused. He was surprised that he hadn't put the dots together. He didn't take notice that he only got sick when Dan was around.

" We can detox you of the poison, it'll take a while to get rid of all of it. Which means you won't be seeing the detective anytime soon.", Maze said as she took out her phone and called someone.

"Okay. How long is a while?", Lucifer asked after Maze put down her phone.

" A month tops.", she said nonchalantly. Lucifer laughed at her for a while until he caught on that she was not joking.

"W-what? A months! It's too much."

"You want to die, Romeo?", Maze asked in frustration. Tilting her head to the left.

" No, I don't.", he answered.

"Then take a vacation away from Detective Dan, it's healthy for you.", she laughed at her own lame joke. Lucifer glared at her. He got up from his seat and fixed his dark grey suit.

" Well, okay. I'll tell Dan the news.", he got up to leave, but Maze stopped him.

"Come tomorrow morning, I'll have everything set up." She said.

Lucifer left Linda's house and drove straight to his penthouse. When he arrived it was still early in the evening and preparations were going on for the club's opening. He Greeted his workers and went upstairs to his home. After closing the door behind him, he pulled out of his suit and wore basketball shorts before throwing himself onto his bed. He got out his phone and called Dan, he answered after just two rings.

"Hello, Luce. How did it go? Does Maze know what is wrong? Can she fix it? And how di-", Dan went into a chain of questions before Lucifer could even reply.

" Dan, calm down and let me talk.", Lucifer cut off the man's rambling. "And yes, Maze does know what the problem is and also how to fix it."

"Oh, thank goodness.", Dan said in relief. Lucifer felt his stomach tighten at the sound of concern in Dan's voice.
" I'll come over tomorrow so we can go see Maze together.", Dan said after Lucifer explained what Maze told him and that he should come over the next day.

"Uhm, you can't come with."

"What? Why?", Dan was confused, Lucifer would never miss a chance to be around him.

" You make me sick Dan, I only feel the pain when I'm around you. So Maze has advised I stay away from you. At least until the poison is removed from my body.", Lucifer explained. Dan was still confused but understood what the man was saying. What he didn't understand was why he made Lucifer sick, how?

"How do I make you sick? I don't understand."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Please Vote, Share and leave a Comment.
Thanks for reading.