Harper Row {EP-2}

"What's your name? Why the hell are you in here?!" He yelled, pinning her down with his Escrima stick, pressing it to her throat, trying to intimidate her, she kept her cool, obviously knowing who he was.
"I'm innocent, you can't hurt me." She said and looked up at his glowing white eyes.
"Wh-what? Innocent?"
"Yeah innocent, meaning you can't beat me down. I know you, I've seen what you're capable of, and I know damn well that you won't hurt an innocent person." She said and he agreed, pulling her up.
"What are you doing here?" He repeated himself, his breathing a little quick from the chase.
"Exploring, looking for somewhere safe to set up shelter, that was until you guys burst through the gates."
"Alright, what's your n-"
"Harper, Harper Row." She cut him off, smirking and crossing her arms as she glanced him up and down. "So that's it huh? You got the info you wanted, am I free to go?" She asked with an obvious hint of sarcasm in her tone.
"Uh, no. I can't just let you run off into an asylum."
"Then come with me."

"You got family in Gotham?" They headed through more hallways, anybody injured was too far gone, he still called back to the GCPD so that they could deal with the bodies, and he also reported how many people were still in cells.
"My brother, Cullen, he's the only one I care about and he got out in time on one of the boats. This place woulda killed him." Harper admitted and shrugged. "Why do you still wear the mask."
"It's more of a symbol than to hide my face now. I want people to know I'm still here, even if Gotham isn't."
The walls were crumbling a little, rot and mould across the floors, they headed towards one of the Rogue cells, Victor Fries aks Mr Freeze. Nightwing smashed the lock on the door and the two entered, glancing around at cell which was now a crumbling damp mess. Most of the ice had melted or was in the process of it.
"I wonder what this guy is up to now," Harper muttered barely as she looked over his science stands and equipment. "If he got a hold of his suit, he could do whatever came to mind" Grayson replied.
The two had tangled multiple times, but after Nora, Fries lost it. He had spent years trying to cure her, trying to make it so they could be together again, but the clown got to her. Thawed her, strung her up on the sign outside of Amusement Mile, as soon as word got to Victor, he took her inside to a dunking game, sat her above a tank of hydrofluoric acid.  Bribing Fries out of his suit, he was in enough pain as it was, but then it happened. The clown didn't even give Victor a chance to save her, he held Victor down, pressed the button, and she fell straight into the chemicals, her screams were drowned out by the maniacal laughter that erupted from the slender figure. Freeze was beaten half dead and ditched outside of a hospital, he was then tossed into Arkham, and had remained there ever since, working on taking out his aggression on the world, the earthquake just gave him the perfect escape.
"We can use his cell, his plans and drawings, we can use it all, maybe figure out where he is or even get some of the GCPD guys in here to do some work." Nightwing's eyes looked over all of the damp papers and photographs, scanning them and adding them to his network.
"We should head back to the reception where Gordon is, come on, it'll be safe." He insisted and held his arm out to her, leading her through and back towards it. They passed many different cells along the way, but there was something puzzling her, it was something that everyone who knew of Nightwing questioned.
"What is it?" he asked and looked over at her.
"What's what?"
"On your mind?"
"Oh uh, do you ever talk about him? About the Bat and what happened?"
No... only to Babs?" His tone was a lot more quiet and content, as if he was angry but trying to stay calm.
"Babs? Who's that?"
"My girlfriend."
He probably shouldn't have told her that. Only Jason knew, but she was a stranger and there was something about her that intrigued Gray.
"You should talk about it, I can tell it bothers you. You always have this distant look in your eyes, well, behind the glow anyways." She referred to the scanning technology in his eyemask, which he often forgot to turn off. After deactivating it his pupils were on show.
"Alright, you wanna know about it?" He asked and raised a brow, the two stopped in the ruined canteen of the asylum and took a seat.
"All of the papers called it, The Crisis."

"So, do you ever talk about what happened to the Bat?" Harper asked, sitting on a damp stool and looking over to Gray.