Prologue

Camila's POV

I never really understood the whole point of school. I've been in this prison for the past four years and it's literally taught me the most useless shit that I'm never going to need later in life. Because I wasn't going to college (sorry Mom and Dad). I was going to live in LA or New York where the famous people were. Where you could make it.

Not in Oberlin, the most boring town in all of Ohio.

*brrring*

*New notification from LMJUpdates*

"Oh my god, Dinah! It's out!" I kicked the leg of my best friend who was almost asleep right next to me.

"Ow, what the hell?!" she whisper yelled back out in pain.

"How can you be asleep at a time when Lauren's video just dropped?" I hurriedly pulled out my headphones from my backpack so I could watch it right away.

"We're in history class," she scowled which I ignored.

"Hansen. Cabello." Fuck.

We both hesitantly raised our heads to the most hated teacher in this whole school. "...Hi, Mr. Lowe," Dinah falsely smiled at the old man.

Crossing his arms, "Care to share with the rest of the class what you're so eager to watch on your phone?"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes as the rest of the class was staring straight back at us. In the very back where Dinah and I had been sharing a desk this whole year. And well, had been getting in trouble almost everyday this whole year. Not even because we tried being disruptive. Mr. Lowe just hated us for no good reason. He hated everyone.

"Nothing," I waved off per usual.

"Hansen... Cabello, we only have ten minutes left in the day. At least try to act like good students. I'm surprised enough that you're graduating in two months," he said so rudely. Yeah, it wasn't like we were straight A students or anything. Well, with one current B- from this asshole. "Phone," he held out his hand to take.

"What? Y-you said there's only ten minutes left," I attempted to argue.

"Yeah, you'll get it back real soon," he pressed. "And trust me. There's nothing better than learning about the Civil War." Doubt it.

Rolling my eyes again, I gave in and let him have my phone. Didn't want another detention this week. "Sorry, Walz," Dinah apologized quietly as he walked back to the front.

"Whatever. I guess Lauren's just gonna have to wait," I huffed, slumping down in my chair.

This was really why I hated high school. These teachers and rules were driving me crazy. I was 18 now. I should be allowed to do whatever I wanted and watch whatever whenever. Especially when it came to the greatest pop star of our generation! Ugh, I loved Lauren Jauregui so much.

She didn't have to be stuck in this shitty prison all day. Of course she was 23 and all but one day I was going to live just like her. I'll be a star with number one songs, number one albums, fame, fortune, sold out concerts. Like the one tonight in Cleveland! I tried my best saving up for the past four months for tickets, however, fell short of a hundred bucks. And there was no way my parents were giving me that money for a concert. So, hopefully there was a Periscope or something I could watch like I normally did.

For now, I was a lonely and helpless fangirl with Dinah. Well, I was still trying to get Dinah to love her as much as me, but she was getting there.

*Bell rings*

"Finally!" As everyone was taking their time packing up, I was quick in taking my phone back and sprinting out of that shit hole classroom.

Lauren time.