Chapter XV: Dear Lauren, Big News

A/N: YOU GUYS HELPED THIS HIT OVER 100K SO HERE'S THE NEW CHAPTER!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT AND WELCOME NEW READERS TO THE PARTY!!! ❤️💜

THIS IS THE CHAPTER YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR BTW SO YOU'RE WELCOME

Camila's POV

It didn't help to hear Lauren talking shit about me to my fans once again. Nor did it help to know the pregnancy test results came back positive.

Just my luck.

Everything in life was bittersweet at the moment. My album was done, the energy was alive and well; however, I did lose someone extremely important to me. Also known as the parent to a baby I was apparently expecting. Funny that it wasn't the first time it's happened, but wasn't any better this time around.

How could this have happened to me again?

When I finally listened to my finished album in the studio, obvious tears escaped my eyes during "Something's Gotta Give." A song written by Lauren which she told me I could have. And don't worry, she really did give it to me this time.

But listening to it back made everything in me so incredibly weak.

I wasn't happy despite all that was great going on around me. How could I be after what went down between Lauren and I? The album was my life... but I wanted Lauren to be my life as well. The love of my life that is. She was destined to be.

"I don't know why you're so sad, buddy. You're free from the devil! This should be a celebration!" Dinah joyfully exclaimed as we were seated at the bar with Normani.

"The evil is defeated!" her girlfriend laughed along as they cheersed.

"She wasn't evil. That's the thing. I mean... she did overreact a little-"

"She overreacted a lottle," Dinah corrected.

"Mhmmm, and no one can blame us for getting our well deserved revenge," Normani added.

"I just... I don't wanna blame anybody. Not anymore. I just want everything to be normal again," I sighed, not bothering to drink any of the vodka still sitting in front of me. Why would I anyway? I was pregnant although they didn't know that yet.

"Hm, she really thinks she was happy with Lauren," my best friend rolled her eyes.

I was.

"Trust me, you're better off without her. No more angst... no more drama... you can focus on yourself, your son, and music. That's all that matters," Normani told.

"Yeah, but what about this fucking baby in my stomach?" I nearly snapped, glaring at the both of them.

Their faces fell and thick silence filled the air.

Well, that could've gone better.

"Stop playin," Dinah was the first to speak in a low tone.

"I'm... not." My eyes didn't want to look at hers in fury. I could only brace myself now for her explosion.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Camila," she slammed her drink down on the bar while letting her head fall back.

"Don't say that to me-"

"No, I will say that to you. I'm furious but honestly, I shouldn't even be surprised," she shook her head quickly.

"Dinah..." Normani eyed her.

"Well, what are you gonna do about it now? The tests are taken and the baby is growing as we speak. The deed is basically done," I argued.

"No, it's not done. What you're gonna do is you're gonna get rid of that thing-"