Chapter XVI: You Are the Father

Lauren's POV

"W-what did you just call me?" I shook my head after hearing what had just escaped from my mother's mouth.

"...Lauren? Isn't that what you like to be called?" she muttered, taken aback.

"I-I...I mean, yeah. It's just..." I shifted uncomfortably in my chair, "you've never called me that before."

"Hey, now, don't get used to it," she chuckled, patting my back a little roughly.

"Well... I.. appreciate it?" A frown came over me as I never expected to say such a thing to Clara. This cancer shit must've really been fucking her up.

"Good," she happily nodded.

"Anyway... um.. back to the thing-"

"Are you going to get a paternity test? You know, just in case?" she questioned.

"I feel like I should. That'd be the right thing to do. But... oh my god, Finn's my son," my eyes widened again upon realization that my favorite kid was my actual kid.

"He's a really great kid," my mother grinned.

"He is. I don't doubt he got his greatness from me," I joked.

"Yeah right."

"But I didn't think we looked much alike. Or... do we?" I faced her seriously though she was dumbfounded.

**

"Lolo!" my alleged son's face lit up at the first sight of me as I walked through the front doors of the clinic. Yep, we were here for the paternity test. Camila was sat next to him, wearing a soft smirk.

"Hey, buddy, I missed you!" I opened my arms to have him bolt right into them.

"I missed you too!" he exclaimed, squeezing me with all his little might. "Can we go to the park?!"

"Maybe in a little while. We have to do something here first-"

"Hey," the mother slowly approached us and I slowly stood up.

"..Hey." It was tough having the nerve to look at her even though she was surely a sight for sore eyes. Perhaps I missed her just a little. Especially with her hair all done while wearing a fitting outfit. Down to those mom jeans. For some reason, her motherliness just added to how sexy she was.

But hotness aside, I was here to know the truth. I wasn't about to be deceived again though I knew in my cold heart that Finn was my boy.

"You still up for this?" she asked.

"Of course. Wanna know if this little guy is really mine," I smirked down at him as he held onto my hands and was smiling up at me.

"Which is completely fair," she nodded in understanding.

"And if he is my son... then this might just be the best day of my life." A slow but sure smile came over me as did on Camila.

"Aww, that's so nice," she giggled, placing her hand over her heart.

"I have my moments," I chuckled, causing her a happy sigh of relief.

"Well, then let's make this day the best," she picked Finn up into her arms and the three of us walked to our appointment.

Surprisingly, I wasn't all that upset with Camila withholding life changing information like this from me. At least not anymore. Luckily I had time to process the fact that I had a kid, and it made it all the more better that the kid was Finn Cabello. I could never get mad when it came to him.