Chapter XXV: Final

Lauren's POV

I was pacing back and forth outside of Camila and I's bedroom. I'd say I'd been doing it for the past 20 minutes. She was nursing Gemma and while I didn't want to interrupt, I forced myself to stand strong and make sure I didn't pussy out from telling what had happened between Ariana and I last night.

Camila was gonna fucking flip. She didn't admit to being the jealous type but man, she'd be fuming every time I talked to anyone who was female. You could call her a killer queen. But at least she was my killer queen.

"Good morning, sunshine," Camila said as soon as I stepped into the room. Oh no, she was already in a good mood.

My breathing quickened the minute I saw those beautiful eyes and precious smile. "Morning, sweetheart," I breathed hesitantly. She noticed.

"What's wrong?" she frowned, inviting me to sit with her on the big comfy bed. 

"...Promise me you won't hate me?" I questioned in almost a whisper. And I normally didn't get nervous but fuck, I was shaking down to the core. 

"Oh god, I don't know. What did you do now?" she rolled her eyes in a joking manner. Little did she know this wasn't a joke.

"Did you... happen to hear anything downstairs last night?" I asked first.

"Nope. I was passed the fuck out all the way," she said. "Why? What happened downstairs?"

"So... basically..."

"Look at me," she ordered as my head was lowered. But looking at her just scared me more.

"Ariana came over," I began, causing her eyebrows to raise. 

"Okay, and?" her tone sounded vicious. 

"And... we talked in the kitchen for some time."

"About...?"

"About.. our.... relationship?" She looked away and got up from the bed to rest the baby in the bassinet. As if she wanted to be done with this conversation already. "Are you mad?"

"What kind of relationship?" she finally responded in a question.

"It was nothing very serious. We... we liked each other a lot but we weren't even exclusive," I shrugged as I hoped she would turn around.

"So what did she want from you last night?" 

Fuck.

"I guess she wanted to let me know she's still there for me and that...." I didn't want to say the last bit. Especially not when Camila turned around with sad eyes. "She had deeper feelings."

I saw her swallow hard and nod. Most of all look completely broken. "Did you? I mean.... do you?"

I paused for a second in a crestfallen face, choosing my words carefully. "I might've had those feelings in the past. I'm not gonna lie." She looked even more hurt. "But that means nothing to me anymore. Believe me."

"Should I believe you?" she questioned unexpectedly that made me upset.

Frowning, "Why wouldn't you? I thought you trusted me. After like a year of knowing each other, I thought you finally could."

"I know-"

"Don't take your anger at her out on me, Camila. I'm on your side for crying out loud," I argued.

"I sure hope you are," she crossed her arms.

Sitting up taller assertively, "She tried to kiss me, okay? Well... she kind of did."