Chapter XVIII: The Only Exception

Camila's POV

It was the very last day of August, meaning my debut album was finally released!

The day in LA had been extremely busy from the time I woke up at 4 AM, to the time I actually had time to breathe for a second during lunch break. At least Lauren and Finn were here with me, helping me through the long process of interviews and meet & greets.

Well, for most of the day until Lauren left to go do something. I didn't know what it was exactly but it made her incredibly happy, so that was all that was important.

Interviewer (I): So, Camila... everyone's super excited that your album is finally out!

Me: I'm just as excited. I've been waiting for this day my whole life and the feeling is absolutely surreal. I'm so glad you guys have it!

I: Another thing that the fans and pretty much the whole world are dying to talk about is the new baby on the way!

The crowd screamed like maniacs, causing my hands to cover my stomach that still wasn't the biggest but showed that I was expecting. Lauren and I had posted about the news on our Instagrams last night which I didn't want to do, since I wanted today to just be about the music, but my team obviously figured it'd be good PR for the album. Oh well, the reaction was still overwhelmingly amazing.

Me: Yes, yes, the rumors are true! We don't know the gender yet but I'm ten weeks now, and the due date is March 29th of next year.

I: What do you want the gender to be?

Me: I want a girl, Lauren doesn't really care, and our son definitely wants a little brother. I'll be happy with whatever it is though.

I: So, does this mean you and Lauren are officially together?

Me: Uh... you know, oddly enough, we haven't actually talked about being official. We have at some points a little while ago, but maybe we're just one of those couples who are together but haven't really established it officially!

I laughed along with the audience since it was pretty funny. I mean, as far as I knew, Lauren and I were together. We slept in the same bed, kissed each other, did a little more than that (a lot), and just blissfully spent a majority of our time in each other's company.

It was definitely safe to say that we were in some sort of relationship. And that I had strong feelings for her. Especially if I melted every time she called me her girl. I liked being hers. Maybe I would even say that I loved it.

***

Lauren's POV

"You remembered my favorite studio snack?" I chuckled toward the woman who had just laid down a sandwich on paper plate right in front of me.

"I'm not the one to forget that kind of stuff. Now, eat up," she giggled back.

"AG's specialty sammies. Can't ever get tired of these," I smirked, proudly picking up the BLT and biting into it.

"Looks like the vibe's still there, LJ."

Another thing that brought back memories from when Ariana and I used to work in the studio together... LJ and AG, an iconic duo. Even though no one's seen us out in public together. Pretty sure they never would.

"I guess so," I took time to look at her, letting the vibes hit me one by one. "The memories are flooding back so fast."

"Same with me," she nodded from her chair in the corner of the room.

It was just the two of us. For the past three hours and for the next few more. We agreed on not leaving until our song was done. Or well, my portion of the song for an upcoming collab with one of my favorite artists of all time. Kendrick Lamar.