Chapter VII: This Isn't Over

A/N: Just because @httpcamrenotp wanted a quick update 🙈

Lauren's POV

My eyes started to grow heavy after 4 AM. I looked down to my lap where Finn was fast asleep. He'd been there since I gave him his milk and blankie a half an hour ago. But this was real agony.

I remember how tough rehearsals were for these kinds of performances. Award shows, special event concerts, and of course TV appearances. Camila had us up all night for her prep for the Today Show which meant not one blink of rest. Ugh.

"You should carry him back to the room," she requested during a short break.

"You say that now," I squinted, picking him up and doing just that.

I wasn't going to admit it to Camila or anyone for that matter but it felt comforting how Finn clung onto me whenever I carried him. Like he was dependent on me and I was there for him to hold. And I kind of liked it actually. Finn's really grown on me a lot on me and turned out to not be as bad as I thought. Just took time. It was a strange feeling that I never felt before but not a bad one...

The little guy just kept reminding me of how I was at his age. A fragile, quiet boy who only needed some love and attention. Or girl. Whatever I was at the time.

"Lolo?" he tiredly beckoned after I placed him down on the bed.

"Hey, buddy. Go back to sleep, okay?" I pulled the covers over his little body and placed Jerry next to him.

"Kay," he clutched Jerry and rolled over.

On my way back out, I wasn't thinking much when I passed by the wardrobe for the performance. Camila's perfectly set outfit on display to see. She'd been talking about wearing this ever since she booked the Today Show. How devastating would it be if it were ruined? Especially as it was all white and a stain could destroy it in a simple blink of an eye.

A coffee stain.

"This prank war has just begun, little Cami," I snickered while pouring a whole ass coffee pot all over the outfit. She had to have this on in just a few hours but that wouldn't be happening now. God, she and her stylist were gonna have my head.

***

"After all I've done for you and you do this shit?!" Camila gripped my collar against the wall. Couldn't blame her. She was running on no sleep and had a completely ruined outfit for a show in an hour.

"Done for me?!" I shover her back. "You've been sabotaging me since my first day, bitch!"

"So have you, asshole!"

"You would've done something equally as fucked up, Camila. Don't fucking bluff and pretend it's not true!" I shouted angrily.

"Will you guys fucking chill?!" Dinah stepped in. "Camila, go see Jen and figure something else out. Lauren, stay away from her until after the show."

"So, you're the boss now, huh?" I fronted after Camila left with Jennifer following her.

"I will if y'all can't get your shit together. Like, who the hell do you think you are, Lauren, going and pulling that shit? You wanna keep this job?" she stepped closer with a tough scowl.