{2} Decisions

Chapter 2: Decisions

Chapter Song: There She Goes  by Sixpence None the Richer

PETER POV

The halls of Midtown were bustling with kids as the bell for first period rang. "Oh my god! Look, Peter!" Ned pulled me to the side of the hall. Looking at the doors, it seemed as if every dream I've ever had came true. Standing, talking to a tall blond boy, was Y/N. A small flicker of hope ignited inside me. Maybe I did have a chance! If she was going here, we'd see each other all the time! I turned to Ned, my mouth gaping. He laughed, "Go say hi!" We were both in shock. Feeling new confidence in me, I laughed along and turned to go greet her.

"No shit guys! Right in the Waldorf! In the Towers and everything!" Y/N was surrounded by a bunch of popular kids. She was chatting up a storm with them and looked like she'd fit right in. The spark of hope inside me died. This was a great start to the beginning of the new school year. I turned back to Ned.

"Let's just get to class." I turned and stormed off. I bet she didn't even recognize I was here.

Y/N POV

"You should totally try out for the team, Y/N!" Amber, another one of the popular girls cooed. I still couldn't believe I was in this position. When I had walked into school, I was approached by a tall blond boy. He told me his name was Chase Evans and asked if I was new. He offered to show me around, but before I could say anything, a group of popular girls had swarmed me. 

~TIME SKIP~

PETER POV

"I thought you were mad at her?" Ned asked as I stared at Y/N across the cafeteria. 

"No, I think I'm just mad that she hasn't noticed me."

"Then go talk to her," Ned suggested, shoving another Cheeto into his mouth.

"That's creepy though. It looks like I'm stalking her. I just want her to like me."

"Alright well then here's my plan: I know you said you didn't want to redo everything with Liz, but if you really want to get this chick then," Ned reduced himself to a whisper, "bring Spider-Man into it."

"I can't do that! How would it even fit in in the grand scheme of things?" Ideas swirled in my head of possible Spider-Man scenarios. I couldn't do this! I would just screw everything up again.

"Just eavesdrop a little, figure out something she wants, and have You-Know-Who deliver it to her."

"That's crazy Ned! No way."

"Your loss, I'm gonna go get a drink or something. Think it over while I'm gone." Ned walked off.

Would it really be worth it to bring Spider-Man into this? Maybe just once...