{3} When I See You Again

Chapter 3: When I See You Again

Chapter Song: Mr. Brightside by The Killers

 Brightside by The Killers

Y/N POV

"How was setting up the house yesterday? I can tell you took a lot of time on it. For what we've got, it looks great." Mom had spent all day yesterday setting up the apartment. It looked pretty good, however, a lot more work needed to be done. I was really only flattering Mom so she'd give me some money. I wanted to go get subs again, in hopes I'd see Peter there. Some people say I'm boy-crazy, but I'm just happy to be able to have options now. I tried not to think about Oli too much, and starting cheer again would be the perfect distraction. 

"It was fine, I watched a lot of interior design videos for inspiration."

"Oh, wow! That's really cool!" I tried to act invested, I really wanted that money. "Um, Mom, can I have $15 to go get dinner?"

"Didn't you say some nice boy bought it for you last time?" Mom scoffed at me.

"Yeah, but he's definitely not gonna be there today. Please?" I hoped to jinx myself, really, really wanting Peter to be there.

"Fine, but I'll be out getting paint so come just come sometime after I'm here." I nodded as she handed me the money. Hopeful to see Peter again.

"Alright, I'll get the same as last time. Love you, Mom. Bye!" I waved, practically running out the door. 

I loved the city life, and even if it was in Queens, I was sure I'd be able to travel to Manhattan.  And for one day, I really liked Midtown High. I made popular friends and was a cheerleader. All I needed was an Oli and I'd be right at home. But, Oli was back home and I couldn't do anything about it. 

Approaching the small deli, an uneasy feeling flew over me. What would I do if I did really see Peter? I mean, we barely know each other and it would seem like I was following him. I just didn't want to mess anything up. I wonder where he goes to school, maybe we could meet up after school and hang out or whatever. Wow, Y/N, great way to get ahead of yourself. I thought to myself. I opened the door to the shop and looked around eagerly. No Peter. I silently scolded myself for getting my hopes up. I ordered and left the shop. I began to walk down the street.

"Watch out!" A familiar voice yelled at me. I looked around in confusion before I saw a large man running past me with a gun. I let out a scream. The figure ran faster towards me until I felt a hand wrap around my arm and pull me back. "Angus Lester, what an asshole, still robbing stores!" The hand slipped around my waist as I turned around to see who was speaking. No fucking way. I opened my mouth in shock. It was Spider-Man! 

I stumbled across my words trying to find a sentence. "Why are you-? What's going? Thank You." He let out a laugh at my comments. I was still stunned as I dropped my phone and the case popped off and broke. 

"No problem, I'll see you around." he shot me finger guns and I imagined he smiled. I stared at him as he shot a web and flung away. Wow. I leaned down to pick up my phone and stared at the broken case. I swear to god, the one time I meet a superhero and I dropped my phone like a loser. 

I swung the bag with my subs in it all the way to my apartment, still stunned that I met Spider-man. It felt so weird to say, too. I met a real-life superhero. Next stop, Iron Man! I laughed to myself as I unlocked the door. I knew Mom wasn't home, so I set the bag on the kitchen table and headed to my room. Boxes filled every corner and the only color came from my bed sheets and the one rose-colored wall. The rest were a drab gray, not painted yet. I sighed and emptied the backpack at the foot of my bed. The first day of school and we already had homework. It was only a small introductory sheet to find out our skills. I filled it out quickly and traveled to the fire escape. A small chair had already been placed there alongside a little plant and blanket. I wrapped myself up and stared over Queens. Sure, this wasn't what I imagined life would be like in the city, but I was warming up. I smiled and sat in my own peace for a while. I heard a small buzz and looked down at the phone resting in my hand.

 I heard a small buzz and looked down at the phone resting in my hand

I responded with a quick "ok"  and a heart. Running back into the house, I searched just about every box in search of my speaker so I could play music. Giving up, I decided to just throw on a coat and walk around town. I grabbed my wallet and ran to the elevator. Reaching the street, I saw a figure running out of a nearby alley. I glared as they ran, trying to make out who was sprinting towards me. "Peter?" I half-asked half-yelled as he stopped in front of me, looking extremely caught off guard. 

"Oh, Y/N, uh hi." He fumbled over his words, looking just about everywhere but my face. 

"So... where are you going?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"Oh, just home. First day of school today, got to finish that homework." I smiled and laughed.

"Yeah, me too. Where do you go?" 

"Oh um, Forest Hills. Yeah. There." Peter's hands kind of shook and he began fidgeting when I asked him that.

"Oh, nice! Well, good luck with your homework. I guess I'll see you around." Peter nodded and ran off.

Wow, maybe I did get the wrong idea. Peter seemed like he really didn't want to talk. I walked around for a little longer but eventually looped back to the apartment and ran up the stairs. I set my wallet and coat on the table and searched some more for my speaker. As I walked back out onto the fire escape, I saw a chubby looking boy stretch his head out of the window next to mine. He began talking upwards and I retreated back into the apartment. I peeked my head out of the window to see who he was talking to.  I laughed to myself. Spider-Man again? No way in hell. I saw him slide into the window with ease in a blur of red. I live next to Spider-Man? Holy shit.

A/N more?