{11} Back to School

Chapter Title: Back to School

Chapter Song: Stand By Me by Ben E. King

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I woke up earlier than usual and looked to my window to see if Spider-Man had left anything there. What can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic. The window was bare, so I changed out of my pajamas and into jeans and a Star Wars t-shirt. I tucked the front in and put my hair up before putting on a thin layer of makeup. Grabbing my backpack, I walked into the living room and put the bag down. I looked up out of the sliding glass door that led to the fire escape and back to the kitchen that attached to the living room. I walked back over to dinner table to see a note taped to the table.

Left early for a job interview, won't be back until 10 or so.

-Mom

I grabbed a granola bar like yesterday and smiled. I was really excited for school. I would see Peter and I would find out how he felt, I got to see my new friends Amber and Chase and at the end of the day, maybe I'd see Spider-Man. I was hoping to ask him out or something. I picked my bag back up again, checked how I looked it a mirror that was lying on top of a box in the hallway and grabbed my keys. Locking the door, I looked over to Peter's apartment. Maybe I should just wait a few minutes to see if he'd come out soon. So I waited for a few minutes to no avail. I decided to take the stairs again and bounded down all the way to ground level. I was out of breath, but I wanted to look good for cheer. Mom's words were really starting to get to me and now I wanted to do everything I could to look amazing in a cheer outfit. I walked the rest of the way to school and found my locker with a boy plastered to it. 

"Um, hi. That's, uh, that's my locker." I tried to get behind him as a smirk spread across his face.

"Flash." 

"Excuse me?" He crossed his arms and leaned further into my locker before speaking again. 

"I'm Flash. Y/N I presume?"

"Yeah, and I really need to get to my locker so if you could just move." I gestured with my hands for him to move instead of finishing my sentence. 

"I just wanted to give you a warning, don't go hanging around sluts like Amber or bottom of the barrel losers like Penis Parker. I'm who you wanna be with if you wanna survive, so how about we do Saturd-" He was cut off by a figure stepping in front of me.

"Leave her alone, Flash." It was Peter. He was standing between me and Flash, more confident than I've ever seen him and I had to say, I was digging it. 

"Yeah, or what Penis Parker?"

"Just fuck off man, for real." Peter swatted him away and Flash eventually gave up and walked away.

As Peter turned around, I was about make a snarky comment and thank him but he wrapped one arm around my back and the other around my shoulders and held me for a few seconds. I hugged him back and we stood like that for a while before I whispered in his ear.