{12} Mistakes Turned Miracles

Chapter Title: Mistakes Turned Miracles

Chapter Song: Take My Breath Away by Berlin

Y/N POV 

"Alright, Pete. We've finished all of our homework and I've got to get ready for the date con mi amor." I jokingly winked and grabbed my backpack, standing up from where I was sitting on Peter's floor. Peter stood up with me, leaving his books scattered across the ground. We walked back out to the living room. "Thanks for letting me come over, this was really fun, Pete. We'll have to do it again soon." I gave him a quick one-armed hug and was out of the door. I fished my key out of the backpack pocket it had been resting in and unlocked the door. Mom was sitting cross-legged at the dinner table, filling out some form of paperwork. "Hi, Mom." I smiled at her as I closed the door.

"You're lucky I love you." She grimaced, staring down at the papers in front of her.

"Yeah, I know Mom. What's that?" I pointed at the form.

"It's the math for your tuition for Midtown."

"What do you mean?" Wasn't my tuition already paid?

"I mean I'm looking at how much your precious fucking science school is gonna cost for this year and the next!" She slammed her pen on the table and kicked the table in frustration. I knew she was under a lot of stress but she didn't have to act like a six-year-old. 

"I'm sorry, Mom." I dropped my key on the table and took off my ring. 

"I don't know how on earth I'm supposed to pay for this while I'm still looking for a job!" She slouched in her chair. "You just had to go to your fancy smart school! No public school for you!" Her voice became high pitched and mocking. 

"I'm sorry, Mom. Is there any way I can help?" I was twirling the ring around my fingers, nervous and wanting to run to my room and cry. 

"Get a fucking job! I'm so done with your bullshit!" She grabbed the papers and stormed to her room. What the hell? Why was she acting so immature? My heart was racing and I could feel tears welling up. I ran to my room and seconds later got a text.

 I ran to my room and seconds later got a text