CHAPTER FOUR

"We need to get to that party." Stiles declared.

"Yeah."

We rushed out of the house and jumped into Stiles' jeep. Stiles started driving and we sat in a tense, stressed silence. It wasn't long before he pulled up at Lydia's house. It seemed like the party was already in full swing. "We should split up." Stiles suggested as we made our way towards the house.

I hummed in agreement, my eyes drifted towards the punch table. "Right, you that way," I waved my arm. "and I'll go that way." I said with my eyes still fixed on the punch bowl.

"Alex," Stiles hissed, "this is serious. Now is not the time-"

"Now is definitely the time." I argued.

"But-" Stiles tried to say but I was already gone before he could finish. The punch better be spiked, I started drinking as soon as I got over to the table.

The punch was definitely spiked, I could feel the burn as I downed my first cup. What happened next was a bit of a blur, but I vaguely remember doing shots. I ended up in a corner outside, with a beer in my hand, completely forgetting about looking for Scott and the pain in my arm.

I blinked and suddenly Derek Hale appeared in front of me, "Where's Scott, Lex?" he asked.

I scoffed, "Can you stop sneaking up on me, it's rude." I push myself up off from the wall I'd been leaning on and prodded Derek's chest with my finger "And you do not get to call me that anymore."

"I've been standing here for five minutes."

"Yeah – well – uh, fuck you."

Derek crossed his arms with an unimpressed look on his face, "Do you know where he is?"

I pulled my phone out and sent a text to Stiles: Have you found Scott yet? Has he murdered anyone? I haven't seen him or Allison here.

"Can't you just find him with your werewolfness or something?" I asked, my mind was hazy from the alcohol and my judgement was definitely impaired.

"Werewolfness?" Derek narrowed his eyes at me, "Are you drunk?"

"Maybe." I rolled my eyes, "Doesn't change the fact the you and Scott are werewolves."

"How did you-"

"Dude. You practically said it yourself at the library." I took a sip of my beer, my phone vibrated in my hand: No murder, he ditched Allison and the party and took off. I'm trying to follow him.

"Scott took off." I informed Derek. I muttered a string of curses under my breath, realising Stiles had left me here without a ride home. "Do you think Scott's gonna hurt anybody?"

Derek shrugged, "That's what I'm trying to stop him doing. You need a ride?"

"Please and thank you." I grinned.

I abandoned by beer and followed Derek as he made his way out of the house. As I reached the front yard I noticed the new girl from school standing on her own. Wasn't she Scott's date? I made my way towards her as Derek lurked in the shadows behind me.

"Hey, its Allison, right?" I asked, she nodded mutely. "I'm Alex McCall, Scott's older sister. Did something happen with Scott?"

"I-I don't know." Allison stuttered, shaking her head. "I thought we were having a good time but then he just – left."

I sighed, "Maybe he felt sick or something. You know, he's been so excited about tonight and he hasn't stopped talking about you. But don't tell him I told you that, he'd probably try to murder me." Literally