CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Sheriff Stilinski drove Scott and I home and I was so exhausted all I wanted to do was go to sleep. But I had something I needed to do first. I waited until Scott was snoring and crept out of the house as quietly as I could, throwing a jacket over my pyjamas.

I started my trek in the direction of the Hale house. Wasn't my best idea, leaving the house on my own at this time of night. After a while I finally reached the burnt house and noticed Derek's cam parked outside the house.

Sheriff Stilinski drove Scott and I home, I was so exhausted all I wanted to do was go to sleep but there was something I knew I needed to do first. I waited until Scott was snoring, which took about five minutes, and crept out of the house as quietly as I could.

I started my trek in the direction of the Hale house. It certainly wasn't my best idea, leaving the house at this time of night, with the Alpha on the loose, with no protection. Before long I had reached the burnt building. Derek's car was parked outside.

I hastily rushed up the porch steps and through the front door. "Derek!" I called out frantically. The house was silent besides the sound of the wind. I heard a faint noise from upstairs. I quickly made my way upstairs, heading in the direction of Derek's room.

I slowly opened the door, Derek was lying on his bed, his face scrunched up in pain. "Derek." I said softly and knelt down on the floor, at the side of his bed.

"Alex?" He asked in a raspy voice, looking at me with an emotion I couldn't place. "Why are you crying?"

I wiped away the tears that I didn't know had started falling. "You scared me. I thought you were dead." My eyebrows pinched together as I looked at Derek's face, a bead of sweat ran down his forehead, I could tell that he was in pain. "What's wrong?" I noticed blood slowly seeping through his shirt, "What's happening? Why aren't you healing?"

"Takes longer," Derek groaned and tried to push himself up into a sitting position "from Alpha."

I hovered over him, unsure what to do to help. I placed my hand on his shoulder and tried to help him sit up properly. I felt a tug in my stomach and pain exploded all over my body as I tried to take his pain.

I didn't take long for Derek to notice, "No." He ripped his hand away from mine. "Don't."

"But-I-I don't know what else to do." A stray tear fell from my eye but before it could fall Derek had already wiped it away gently. "Tell me what you need me to do. I don't know what to do, I don't know what I'd do if-if-"

His breathing was laboured, it was clear he was struggling to stay awake his eyes half closed. He interrupted my rambling, "Can you stay?"

"What?"

"Can you stay." Derek repeated, eyes pleading. "Please."

I smiled gently at him, reaching out to smooth some of the hair back that had fallen onto his forehead. "Of course, I will."

Derek let out a breath a settled back down, lying on the bed, he looked incredibly pale. If it wasn't for his slow breathing, I almost would've thought he was dead. As gently as I could I layed down next to him, careful not to touch him at all not wanting him to hurt anymore than he already was.

Derek shifted, consciously or unconsciously I had no idea, his resting on my stomach, his hands clutched onto me seemingly for comfort. I gently ran my hands through his hair.

Unbeknownst to him I started taking his pain away again, now that he couldn't see and wouldn't be so angry at me. He murmured something I couldn't hear softly.

"What?"

"I think I love you."

My heart hammered in my chest, my brain dismissed what I'd heard. He could've said anything. And even if he did, he was injured and I'm almost certain he wouldn't remember it. I ran my fingers through his hair again, "Shh, just go to sleep."