CHAPTER NINE

"Because I asked you politely and I only do that once." I heard a familiar voice say as I turned the corner of the school hallway.

"Hmm. Okay, tough guy. You know, how about I help you find him if you tell me what you're selling him? What is it? Is it, uh, Dianabol? Hmm? HGH?" Jackson questioned. I turned the corner, seeing Derek leaning against the wall. He looked awful, he was gripping his arm and he was pale and sweating.

"Derek?" I called; his eyes snapped to mine. "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked and rushed towards where he was. Derek looked like he was going to pass out. His face was pale, and he kept clenching his jaw and fists as though he was trying to control himself.

"Get lost, Jackass." I ordered Jackson with a glare. He sneered at me but turned on his heel and continued down the corridor.

"Where's Scott?" Derek grunted, pushing himself along the wall.

"Uh- he should be out in the parking lot." I told him. I watched as he took a step before staggering towards the floor. He would've landed on his knees if I hadn't of grabbed his arm and heaved him upwards. I lifted his arm, placed it around my shoulder and grabbed his waist.

"God, you're heavy." I grunted, "What's happened?"

Derek didn't answer, my knees nearly buckled under his weight as we staggered into the parking lot. I spotted Stiles' jeep just in front of the school. Derek spotted Stiles too, he took his arm from my waist and rushed in front of the jeep. He collapsed to the floor. "Derek?" I called out and ran after him.

"What the hell is going on, Alex?" Stiles exclaimed, jumping out of the jeep. I look away from Derek and saw Scott approaching behind Stiles.

"I don't know." I said harshly, "He hasn't said anything. He was looking for Scott."

"What are you doing here?" Scott questioned Derek as soon as he reached us.

"I was shot." Derek panted.

"He's not looking so good, dude." Stiles pointed out.

"Neither would you, of you were shot." I crossed my arms, "Why aren't you healing?" I asked Derek.

"I can't. it was- it was a different kind of bullet." Derek breathed heavily.

"A silver bullet?"

Derek scowled, "No, you idiot."

"Wait, wait." Scott interrupted. "That's what she meant when she said you had forty-eight hours."

"What?" Derek asked, "Who- who sad forty-eight hours?"

"The one who shot you."

Derek recoiled, his eyes flashing blue and his fangs coming out. I shared a panicked look with Scott and Stiles "What are you doing? Stop that!"

"That's what I'm trying to tell you, I can't!" Derek growled. I looked around at the annoyed faces of the other students.

"We need to get him out of here. Help me get him in the jeep." I ordered. Stiles looked applied by the ideas, but Scott nodded, grabbing Derek's arm and helping him into the back of the jeep.

I slipped into the back of the seat beside Derek. "I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used." He told Scott through the window.

Scott looked at Derek in confusion, "How the hell am I supposed to do that?"

"Because she's an Argent. She's with them." Derek explained.

"Why should I help you?"

"Because you need me." Derek said impatiently.