CHAPTER SEVEN

"So you killed her?" Stiles asked bluntly as we walked through the hallway. I gave them both a glare walking two steps behind the boys.

"I don't know. I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I've woke up like that before." Scott sighed.

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently." Stiles smirked.

I took me a few moments, but I realised what he was getting at. Scott shot him a disgusted look and I fake gagged. "You are disgusting, Stiles."

"A- I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B- never give me that much detail about you in bed again."

Stiles nodded, "Noted. Let me take a guess here-"

"No, I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

"No of course not. Yeah that's totally it." Stiles admitted. "Hey, come on, it's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a lycanthropy for beginner's class you can take."

Scott's eyes lit up. "Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher."

"Hallelujah," I said and lifted my hands upwards, "you're finally thinking what I've been saying from the beginning."

Stiles frowned. "Who, Derek?" he asked, "Scott, are you forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

"Maybe you should try something called apologising."

Scott sighed, "Chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real."

"How real?"

"Like it actually happened," Scott muttered. We pushed through the doors and walked outside, the scene before us stopped us in our tacks. One of the school buses was taped off, blood covering it and the door was torn of the hinges, mangled and bent. There were at least half a dozen police officers surrounding the area.

"Uh, maybe it did happen." I whispered.

Scott rushed back inside the school in a panic, pulling out his phone. Stiles and I were hot on his heels. "She's probably fine." Stiles tried to reassure Scott.

Scott continued rushing through the hallway, growing more frustrated as he couldn't see Allison. "She's not answering my texts, guys."

"Maybe it's on silent?" I suggested.

"Maybe I killed her!" Scott hissed back at me.

"It could just be a coincidence, all right?" Stiles said. "A seriously amazing coincidence."

Scott looked around the school, gripping his hair anxiously. He turned and smashed his fist into a locker, panting heavily. The locker bent and caved in under the pressure. "Just calm down," I whispered, noticing the amount of people who had turned to look in our direction. "We don't know if she's missing or not yet.

His breathing slowed as he calmed himself down. He pulled himself away from the lockers and started to walk away, only to crash into Allison, who was uninjured. "So, if he didn't kill Allison, what happened last night?" I asked Stiles.

Stiles just shrugged in response. "Attention students, this is your principal," A voice echoed throughout the school on the loudspeaker. "I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled."

Groans of disappointment resonated throughout the hallway. Stiles nudged me, and my attention returned to the locker that Scott had punched. Jackson, his face twisted in confusion, was staring at the locker. I shared a grin with Stiles.