CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"But he's a werewolf," I argued. "We don't know that he's dead."

"We don't know if he's alive either!" Stiles snapped at me.

"Okay!" Scott interrupted. "Just – What do we do?"

Stiles let out a breath. "We get to my jeep, we get out of here, you seriously think about quitting your job, good?" Scott went to open the windows, but Stiles stopped him.

"No, they don't open." He informed us. "The school's climate controlled."

"Then we break it." Scott suggested.

"Which will make a lot of noise." Stiles pointed out.

"Then, uh, we run really fast. Really fast." Scott said, checking outside from the window. "Stiles, what's wrong with the hood of your jeep?"

"What do you mean? Nothing's wrong." Stiles frowned.

"It's bent."

"What like, dented?" Stiles asked, moving closer to the window to get a better look at his jeep.

"No, I mean bent."

Stiles moved to see his jeep easier. "What the hell-" he started to say before being cut off by an object flying through the window. The glass shattered, and something landed with a heavy thud in the classroom. "That's my battery!" Stiles exclaimed.

"We have to move." I told to two, breaking the silence.

"He could be right outside." Scott protested.

"He is right outside."

"Just let me take a look." Scott said, he slowly reached up and peered out of the window.

"Anything?" Stiles asked.

"No." Scott shook his head.

"Move now?"

"Move now." Scott confirmed. We scrambled out of the classroom. Stepping over the broken shards of glass and into the hallway. "This way."

"Somewhere without windows."

"Every single room in this building had windows." I retorted.

"Or somewhere with less windows." Stiles said.

"The locker rooms." Scott suggested. Stiles nodded in agreement before we started moving towards the locker room. We got there, and I slammed the door shut behind us.

"Call your dad." Scott whispered to Stiles.

"And tell him what?" Stiles retorted, flicking the flashlight on.

"I don't know, anything. Gas leak, a fire, whatever. If that thing sees the parking lot filled with cop cars, it'll take off."

"What if it doesn't? What if it goes completely Terminator and kills every cop in sight, including my dad."

Scott shrugged, "They have guns!"

"Yeah, and Derek had to be shot with a wolfsbane laced bullet to even slow him down, you remember that?" Stiles countered.

"Then we- we have to. We have to find a way out and just run for it." Scott declared.

"There's only one person in this room who would even have a chance at out running the Alpha." I said.

"And even if we could outrun him there's nothing near the school for at least a mile." Stiles added.

"What about Derek's car?" Scott questioned.