[TWENTY-ONE - Well Dang]

'Hold up - You've been in there for how long?!'

'I can't remember exactly... But I think it's been around five years. I'd hoped that my friends would come and find me by now but, heh, you can see how that turned out.'

The main leader of the party, a curly-haired male around the teenager's age, whistled lowly in awe, leaning back against a wall and crossing his arms. Our new protagonist (One of them, anyway) was sitting awkwardly in the middle of a circular room, on a comfortable armchair, while the older teen began to pace around, almost anxious about something.

'Five whole - Bloody Nether, what kept you going?'

'The fact that I wanted to get back to my friends - Not to mention that they'd probably be super disappointed if I died. Hopefully.' The brunet sighed quietly, rubbing his arms as the other male continued to pace. 'This is strange, very strange... Usually they would have tried the serum by now.'

'What would that do?'

The pacing teenager stopped, running a hand through his unruly hair and locking onto the small male with his vibrant green eyes 'You should be a hybrid by now, unless your blood refuses it or you already are a hybrid. I should probably introduce myself, actually, sorry about that: I'm Stampy. That's not my real name, but for now you can call me that.'

'Going by nicknames then, eh? Fine by me. Just call me Sub.'

~~~

As it turns out, having a broken leg only affects your flying if you allow it to.

The bad news is, Lachlan allowed it to. Mostly because he looked down halfway to the top, and saw how bad it actually was "Holy Notch I can't do this, this is in no way what is supposed to be happening right now!"

'You've got this, Lachy; Just a bit further!' His mocha-skinned friend urged, leaning forwards and reaching his hand out as the younger teenager hovered above the arena cautiously. He wanted to go up, get back to safety and (though he wouldn't admit it) he really wanted his Mum at that moment, but what if, when he landed, the leg snapped off?

What if the blood sprayed everywhere? Ugh, disgusting. What if he just had to walk around with his leg hanging on by a thread because nobody could fix it?!

"That won't happen Lachlan, take a deep breath - You're hyperventilating, and that is quite possibly the worst thing you could do at this moment. You just need to stay calm and getup here, your Mum has healing potions."

"My Mum's up there?"

"Yeah, now c'mon, get the fudge up here before Rob jumps down to get you."

Looking up, the Australian saw that his Canadian friend was literally dangling off the edge while trying to call to his younger companion, so Lachlan braced himself once more before the muscles in his wings worked to push him upwards. Slowly but surely, he was rising up-

Then, the ledges around the arena shifted with a deafening roar from the monster below. A red robin flew up to the top, while the others all moved back except for Vik, who was still leaning over with a determined look on his face 'Almost there buddy, almost there...'

The moment that he had Lachlan's hands in his grasp he felt the earth gently rumble beneath him. Eyes widening in surprise, the Brit pulled at his friend's arms with all the strength he had and, thanks to the taller male also fly, he was up and away from the ledge within a few seconds. As soon as any pressure was set on his leg, Lachlan naturally let out a groan of pain, but managed to quieten himself by biting into the thick fabric of his maroon hoodie 'Crikey, that does not look-'