[TWENTY-SEVEN - We're Not Sure How This Happened]

Hm...

...

Feels like I've been hit by the blunt end of a battle-axe.

What even happened?

Attempting to clear his mind of the strange fog, Brandon groaned and made a (rather pitiful) stab at pushing himself up. He failed, so made do with staring at the bright blue sky.

Heh, nice colour.

...Why am I here again? Pfft, that cloud looks like a dragon.

Wait - That is a dragon.

The half-hybrid, half-human managed to get himself into a sitting position as he looked on. From what he could tell, it was around midday, but had no idea why he'd randomly passed out.

Probably just tired.

Ack, what the- What the Nether's that? Moving a hand to the back of his neck, he winced as he plucked some kind of needle or spine and just chucked it to the side before stretching and falling back onto the grass. Gods, this feels nice.

The distant roar of a dragon reminded him where he was, causing Brandon to narrow his eyes and slowly stand upright. Though embarrassed to admit it, he actually had no idea where anyone would be - They couldn't still be at the village, surely.

'Master Hutt?'

Yelling out at the random voice, the slime whirled around as the tri-headed dragon landed infront of him. It looked familiar, but he couldn't put a finger one where it was from.

It actually scared him too much, that thing could kill him in seconds.

'Master Hutt, you have returned!' It crowed, nuzzling him affectionately while Pete flinched. He couldn't place where the dragon was from, but he did know it.
Somehow.

'Master Lachlan believes that you are still in the village. I tried to tell him that it wasn't you, and now that you're here we can prove it!'

'You're Lachlan's dragon?! Notch, you've grown.' Brandon smiled awkwardly, moving a hand to the middle head's chin and scratching it gently. It was passive, so he could tell it wouldn't hurt him.
Well, he hoped so anyway.
'What did you mean by the boys thinking I was in the village? Surely they realized I was missing-'
'A shapeshifter has taken your place, copying you exactly - Even to the detail of your hatred towards the humans.'
'Not really a hatred... 'Kay, you're right, but I had a good reason. Anyway, what can I do?'

The reptilian mob snorted at the response and lowered his body, instructing the hybrid to climb on his back as he unfurled his massive wings. 'You are still partially human on the outside, so getting you to Master Lachlan in time may prove you're the real Brandon.'
'Uh... Is this safe?' Pete questioned worriedly, clinging to Salt's thick neck (the middle one).
'...Yes?'
'I heard that question - OH GODS WHAT.'

~~~

'So... As soon as we pass the barrier, you won't be able to hide your hybrid side until we're back out?'

Harry shook his head, glancing at his two older friends as they observed the land beyond the translucent wall. He remembered one of the risks of them being there, and decided it would probably be a good time to tell them.
'Alright boys, they're something I actually forgot to mention earlier-'
'The fact that the air's poisonous, right?' The golden-husky practically choked, while Tobi and Josh raised their eyebrows. 'You alright there, mate?'

'If you know, then why're you here?! You can literally die.'
The medic of the trio shrugged, his hand barely touching the glossy surface of the magic divide as he looked in. 'It takes around a fortnight for the poison to take effect, and it's definitely not gonna take us that long to find him.'