[ TWENTY-SIX - He Back, and He Snack]

Father, I bring bad news.
The youngest of the four gods growled lowly at this, but gestured for his creation to continue. Visibly wincing at the sound, Octavia cleared her throat before continuing Your labs have been attacked, Sir. Hardly any tests or serums got out unscathed.
And what of the boy?
...Uncounted for, Father, but visuals suggest that he escaped with the rebels.
Those blithering morons, just managed to waltz in there, and brEAK ALL OF MY RESEARCH WITH MERE EXPLOSIVES?! Herobrine roared in fury, a shockwave of power flying out and disintegrating a few unfortunate skeletons to dust. This must have happened a lot, as a team of flaming spiders descended from the ceiling and began to sweep up the dust.

The blast appeared to have shoved the blonde woman even further into her cage. She shivered, pressing herself back against the bars whilst glaring at her ageless opponent 'You're not going to get away with this, Herobrine, they're already taking out your defenses.'
Don't you see, Avery? My plan was set into motion eons ago, and your precious Son is right in the middle of it!

~~~

'Do I even want to question why Vik's passed out?'
'Funny story actually, I scared the living daylights out of him and he wouldn't let go.' Lachlan shrugged, carefully laying the resting male across his Mother's couch. It's probably a good idea to, at this moment, point out that he carried Vik all the way back from the breach.

In the cold rain.

Shirtless.

...Dedication or what, eh?

'Yo Lachlan, not like we actually care or anything but why the fudge are you shirtless?' Choco asked quietly, glancing across the blond's chest - Not in that way, but there were things that the chocobo (and the others) wanted answers to.

Like, for example, they probably wanted to know where all of those claw-like scars came from 'Ah shoot, I left it... Shoot.'

'You've got some explaining to do, buddy.' As if on cue, his large white wings curled around the Australian and successfully blocked him from sight. With the quiet curses partially muffled by the membrane, Preston took a few steps forward and lightly pressed his hand against the Australian's back 'Lachy, what happened to you?'

There were a few moments of silence, with the "Merome" duo (A strange combination name for Mitch and Jerome, used when referring to the two of them.) and Rob exchanging worried glances while the blond began to shake. He'd kept it from them for so long, but they didn't know why.

'It's... It's okay, you don't have to tell us.' The lava-mob hybrid muttered, sensing Lachlan's sudden wave of emotions as he gently turned him around and began propelling him upstairs. 'I'll make sure these two are okay, y'all go and get some rest.'

'You sure? We can-'

'I've got this guys, don't worry,' Preston grinned cheekily at the group, making sure that they'd left before joining the younger teenager in his room. 'Hey bud, you alright?'

'I-I was just... just trying to protect you all.' Flinching at how... Depressed he sounded, the Texan hesitated until he moved to sit by his friend's side.

'What were you protecting us from?'

He looked up, torso uncovered to reveal the countless scars and marks scattered across his skin. The last time Preston had seen him - Well, anyone really - like this... He hadn't.

'It was, Colby wanted to- My Dad. H-He saw you all as weak, he wanted to make you like him - I couldn't let him do that to you, to any of you, I just couldn't!'

'Woah, woah, take a deep breath, he can't... C'mere.' Opening his arms, the fire hybrid felt his friend's wary eyes on him before the blond cautiously leant into the embrace 'I've got you, and you've got all of us, understand?'

'The... The most sense you've, you've ever made.' Lachlan exhaled sharply, staring straight ahead as midnight finally hit. 'Oi, I have the most sense of all y'all combined!'

'Sure.'

'Seriously though, you should've come to one of us - Didn't your Mom ever realize?'

'Hid it...'

'You okay with telling me why?'

Silence, save for even breaths coming from the damp-haired male every few seconds. Preston rolled his eyes at this but smiled, carefully laying him down and ruffling his hair before pulling the sheets over his sleeping frame 'You haven't changed one bit, even as a teenager you fall asleep on us; G'night, Lachy, sweet dreams.'

~~~

The barrier was right there. If he could just speed up, he could get there before any mutants or the caterkiller noticed that he was heading home "Almost there Petey - Woah woah woah who the fudge are they?!"

The brunet had noticed a small group, around four people, al of them heading towards the mountain. They hadn't appeared to have seen him, but from the distance (and without his glasses) he could barely see that one of them was some kind of hybrid.

Either that, or they liked to cosplay.

Weird.

"They look familiar... But I'm pretty sure that they aren't one of the guys, I'd recognize them." If he had recognized them though, Brandon would do one of two things - Run away screaming, or go and attack them.

"Probably a hunting group; I should go past the barrier before I talk to anyone, get my old self back."

~~~

Alistair, we have a problem.
The "slime hybrid" just laughed at the mirror, as if dismissing it as he waved it away 'Relax Princess, everything's under control here-'
Brandon Hutt has escaped, and if he has any sense then he'll be heading in your direction.
The copycat paused, turning back to the glass as Octavia crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow "Under control" though, so I'm sure you've got a plan.
'I don't have a plan for that - Why didn't you tell me when it happened?'
We didn't know if he was dead or not, but he's been spotted coming this way from a rebel base.

'And what do you expect me to do about it?' Turning back to his normal form Alistair groaned, running a hand through his short brown hair and glancing hack to the mirror. The (technically speaking) goddess smirked darkly, a large ball of grey mist accumulating between her hands.
Fortunately for you, I've already taken care of him.

The mist that had gathered between her palms cleared, leaving a crystal-like ball. There was an image in the centre; an almost 3D projection of a teenage boy laying face-up on the ground. He could barely see the red needle-like sharp sticking out from the back of his neck, but realized who it was rather quickly as slime began to ooze from his eyes and mouth.
'You caught him?'
Not necessarily. One of my old creations heard of my mission, and completed the task for me. The grey-eyed girl mused, before flicking her wrists so that the smoke would disperse. But as for you, Alistair... You must convince the mortals that you are the real Brandon, no matter what the cost.

'I can barely interact with one of them, let alone a whole group!'

Find a way, or my Father will have your head.

------------------------------

ALI GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME OH MY GODS.

How do y'all think it went?

Theories?

See you all in the next chapter, and have a great Morning - Afternoon - Evening - Dawn - Dusk - Midnight - Paranormal Timezone!